Birdwatching at the Nairobi Arboretum

optig

I just went to the Nairobi Arboretum on Thursday with Peter, my bird guide and Triza, my charming personal assistant  for birdwatching.I quite enjoyed it.The arboretum is a good and quiet place with lots of fresh air.I got to see a Rock martin,Green-headed sunbird,Cabanis's greenbul,Eastern honeybird and Ruppell's robin-chat which were all for the first time .I also got to see the Great sparrowhawk,Black-backed puffback,Montane White eye,Bronze mannikin,Black and white mannikin,Village weaverbird and the African dusky flycatcher. The three of us will be going birdwatching at least once a week because there are so many fabulous places for birdwatching both in Nairobi and the surrounding areas.As my pictures illustrate, I am slowly winning the battle against my belly and love handles.

P1090289.JPG

P1090308.JPG

P1090312.JPG

P1090317.JPG

P1090325.JPG

P1090366.JPG

P1090329.JPG

P1090313.JPG

P1090347.JPG

P1090320.JPG

P1090368.JPG

P1090363.JPG

P1090364.JPG

P1090350.JPG

P1090304.JPG

P1090305.JPG

I also got to see the yesterday,today and tomorrow tree which changes from purple,lavender then white.Another tree was the silver oak tree which is one of the endangered species. I never knew before that I had any interest in botany.

P1090287.JPG

P1090338.JPG

P1090340.JPG

I loved the butterflies and the spider.

P1090344.JPG

P1090354.JPG

P1090332.JPG

Just spent the last 30 minutes putting the pictures to the bird's name, enjoyable. Only have to find the butterfly. Looking forward to next week.

@CDL111 Thank you so much for your positive identification.It reminds one that to all of us its the smallest things that are just as beautiful and memorable just as the big things such as rhinos,elephants,etc.