(Phenomenal) First Trip to Kgalagadi

adamt123

Robjwilli

Thanks for sharing your short but very sweet trip!  The caracal was a very special sighting indeed and such a pretty AWC.  Love your bird pictures too.

I’m heading to KTP for 7 nights at New Year, like you a first ‘brownie’ is top of my list but am sure we’ll have a great time whatever decides to show up. 

@Robjwilli I'm sure you'll have a superb experience and good luck with that brown hyena :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Atravelynn

Your concluding thoughts are helpful and insightful.  I like the caracal looking away under the branches, which are the same color as the ear tufts.  Your skies are lovely.  Nice ruffly laughing doves and the wild cat posed so well.

Great report!

• 2 weeks later...
Atravelynn

I like your conclusion!

Thanks @Atravelynn I think the memories of this trip, and especially the wild cat and caracal, will stay with me for a long time to come. Since posting this report I am also very pleased to confirm that I am re-booked to return to Kgalagadi in January 2020 - to more great sightings I guess!

Atravelynn

Good for you.  That was a quick turnaround.  You'll be driving yourself again?

Thank you @Atravelynn. Yes it will be self-driving again (though to be completely honest I myself don't have a driving license and so the actual driving bit is left to my travelling companions).