Captivating Corbett

xnegvx

I re-visited Corbett nation park during summer 2019 and it was a great experience. Our itinerary was:

• Bijrani FRH - 2 nights
  • Dhikala FRH - 3 nights

As it was my SO's birthday, I added a little extension to this trip in a quaint little homestay near Mohan. Will add a special section about it in a different part of the trip report.

Part 1 of the trip report is up on my blog.

955A1034.jpg

Hope you enjoy reading it. I will start writing part 2 of the report soon.

Cheers

Oh I have been looking forward to this! Tigers already :)  As you may recall, we will be in Corbett in February.  I hope you will comment a bit on the birds, as honestly I am not expecting/counting on tigers in Corbett...mostly we are going there (and Sattal) for the birds, but of course tigers would be a fantastic bonus! (We'll be in Ranthambhore after, for tigers.)

That intro photo has captivated me.  I see that tiger gave some more lovely poses in your blog.  Happy Birthday to SO.  Good way to celebrate.

Edited by Atravelynn

That is one stunning intro photo!! Can't wait to see more! 

@janzin: the second part of the trip report does cover a bit about birds, but that's due to lack of efforts on my side. Summer is not really the prime birding time in Corbett, but we did end up doing some bits of birdwatching every now and then. Feb will be a great time for birding in and around Corbett. People have reported seeing Collared Falconets right in the FRH and Broadbill near Sultan FRH.

Fantastic report, you have really whetted my appetite for Corbett and now I wish we were staying longer! We have just two nights at Dhikala, I wish we'd done three. And we have one outside the park. I am really surprised at how well you did with tigers...I am not even counting on seeing tiger there...but now my expectations are up :)  And the ellies too...

beautiful photos....those cubs!!

A superb second section with excellent photos

Thank you for posting