Bush dog

@Bush dog

I think that we both agree that  you have sometimes to make a compromise between remoteness and scenery ; scenery together with reasonable accessibility and lot of facilities attracts people ( Lower Zambezi , Mana Pools ) which is not in itself a bad thing depending on the activities on offer and the timing of the trip  ,  but personally I still prefer to look , if possible for a combination of both , like Kafue NP , Ruaha NP or even better  Gonarezhou (remote and beautiful) and the wilderness of  North Luangwa I will be going to next year  .

I also hope you are recovering well !

@BRACQUENE

Thanks a lot for your comments and yes, I'm recovering well.  Just a precision, there are not really a lot of people in Lower Zambezi, surely a bit more west of Sausage Tree but if you go east, you do not see many vehicles.

@Bush dog

Good to hear that ; I might even add the Lower Zambezi to a future trip to Gonarezhou for instance even if Mana Pools seems easier to organise and I must admit that until now I prefer to stay in one NP and do it in depth than to travel to several  and spend extra money for the flights

Wow the last elephant series is stunning. You can be justifyably proud of them. :)

Edited by wilddog

An excellent report finishing with a wonderful sequence of elephant photos.

You really show the beauty of this National Park

Stunning photos as usual @Bush dog!

I love Lower Zambezi, but alas can't afford to return at current prices. 

I'm glad that you had a good safari.

Amylovescritters

Fantastic report! Absolutely stunning Ellie pics as your closing act. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful Safari.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, @Bush dog, as well as your wonderful photography. Really enjoyed it. 

Fantastic light on the eles as well as dust. Great job with the birds.  The Lower Zambezi was highly productive for you.

I still recall the comment from one of our guides in South Luangwa that Lower Zambezi had not much to offer. But that was some years back and your TR and those from others (like @janzin) suggest otherwise for current times. 

Those last five pics of the elephants facing you and enjoying their sand baths are just tremendous  a fitting end to a most enjoyable TR and awesome photos. Thanks for taking time to do it @Bush dog 

Now I caught up with the rest of this report, and the second half is just as beautiful as the first. Really enjoyed reading and looking at it, and some of the pictures gave me a little ache in the stomach because they make me so want to be there. 

Beautiful series of the dust-bathing elephant at the end of this visually spectacular report.

Just checked out that face on the ground hornbill again.  It is disturbingly human looking, in a good way.

@Kitsafari

Thanks a lot for your comments!  It's strange, I also thought that Lower Zambezi had not much to offer, but that was 18 years ago and at that time, I was also very disappointed by South Luangwa.    

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your trip and photos. I endorse the remarks on the last views of the ellie dusting although hard to single them out from the rest..