Ranthambhore revisited May/June 2019 : HOT but very rewarding

Filip A

These are the most gorgeous tigers ever. I don't think I could stand the heat but maybe one day I'll manage a trip to INdia for a tiger safari.

4 hours ago, Atravelynn said:

Abihshek with the tiger on his head is a classic.  

@AtravelynnOkay I said to myself, how did I miss that shot? I had to go back and look. I think you meant to type "treepie" :lol::lol: Too much time in isolation...!

4 hours ago, janzin said:

@AtravelynnOkay I said to myself, how did I miss that shot? I had to go back and look. I think you meant to type "treepie" :lol::lol: Too much time in isolation...!

:o:D

11 hours ago, janzin said:

I meant the "tiger bird."  That is a hilarious word omission I did.

Edited by Atravelynn

And then there was Abhishek with the sloth bear on his head.  Ok, getting carried away. 

I was looking for some specific descriptions of just how hot you were, but you seemed to sum it up by stating you all coped.  There was even a photo of one of you wearing a balaclava.  Now that had to be hot.  However much you had to sweat during the trip, it was worth it for all you saw.  The spacing of your full day trips worked well, interspersing them with the two 1/2 days.

I do know the difference between a tiger and a bird but the Rufous treepie is called the tiger bird because of its color and it supposedly will pick meat out of the teeth of tigers.

I actually really would have loved to see a photo of @Abhishek Sharma with a tiger on his head  :)

Abhishek Sharma

@janzin That would probably be my last picture :D 

6 hours ago, Abhishek Sharma said:

ohh love the new avatar, perfect :)

8 hours ago, Abhishek Sharma said:

You don't think you could successfully wrestle a tiger?  I am honored that your first post uses the avatar mentioned in my gaffe.  And the real honor goes to @Filip A because it is his report!

Abhishek Sharma

1 hour ago, Atravelynn said:

You don't think you could successfully wrestle a tiger?  I am honored that your first post uses the avatar mentioned in my gaffe.  And the real honor goes to @Filip A because it is his report!

@Atravelynn I could wrestle a Tiger for sure, but "successfully" I doubt it :D And the honor is all mine to have known such fantastic people like you all!      

• 2 months later...

@Filip A

thanks for an amazing report with some of the best tiger pictures from Ranthambore I have seen. You certainly were lucky but being well prepared definitely helps and with Abhishek and Himmat Singh you apparently had two of the best! Congratulations on being able to handle the heat in June in Rajasthan- as you pointed out it is truly hot and again preparation and common sense like having heat gear, keeping out of the sun and being well hydrated is critical. Look forward to your report of your February 2020 trip. 

On 6/2/2020 at 9:23 PM, AKR1 said:

@Filip A

thanks for an amazing report with some of the best tiger pictures from Ranthambore I have seen. You certainly were lucky but being well prepared definitely helps and with Abhishek and Himmat Singh you apparently had two of the best! Congratulations on being able to handle the heat in June in Rajasthan- as you pointed out it is truly hot and again preparation and common sense like having heat gear, keeping out of the sun and being well hydrated is critical. Look forward to your report of your February 2020 trip. 

@AKR1 thank you very much. I'm  not sure someone can be prepared to handle temperatures of around 48° C but I think we coped with this heat very well.

Of course when you have tigers sightings like we had, it helps to endure the pain B)

Trip report of our February 2020 trip is in full preparation.