has anyone done a major push bike or motorcyle trip?

COSMIC RHINO

COSMIC RHINO

I  put  this in this forum as it seemed  the closest match  

I  find these  grand home  building shows  a good form of escapeism

Just last  night  on GRAND DESIGNS  NEW ZEALAND   there was a man who used   exercise  , more specifically  long trips on a mountain bike  he called   the  black  rhino  , to  overcome  the  grief and  depression  he experienced  when his mother  died  

he actually did a  single trip from Cairo  to Cape Town  at around 160  km per day  with a tent  set up on the  roadside  ever night 

This is a massive  affort,  he must have  is physical health  been in prime condition  ,  this is not a typical  tourist trip which  takes  great care  with the  local  food and water  system

he went through local  communities   in ordinary clothing  from  the photos shown   

has  anyone done a major  bike trip  or would like to do one ? 

ForWildlife

I met a Nepali once who was cycling the world, been on the road for 7 years, met him in Zambia. He had a website, https://www.furtemba.org/

But I guess, if you start cycling from the Himalayas, everything is downhill :D

Also remember a Dutch couple who cycled in 5-years from Amsterdam to Auckland, and got a kid on the road.

Cairo to Cape Town is a tour organized annually(?), some race it, most rie it. A friend of mine was one of the crew members. She first drove on a truck from Cape Town to Cairo, and then back with the cyclists. Some do parts of it, met a friend once in Zambia who did a part from Tanzania to either Namibia or Botswana.

I like cycling, but right now feel more attracted to long hiking holidays.