The Rains of Tanzania. Video report. 11 day safari in Feb 2020.

Brian's Art for Animals

Brian's Art for Animals

Before the world shut down I was able to go back to Africa for my 8th time and Tanzania for my third time. I brought my wife who asked her father, sister, and brother in law. They were going for their first time and had never ever thought to go on Safari as their vacations were usually to go somewhere and drink wine and relax. Some can do this on safari, but these rains didn't make much time for relaxing. I had one heck of a time even though for the first time I was pretty much sick during the whole 11 days. It was planned through Savannah Explorers and our guide was Nicky whom we had on our last safari. His driving skills (muddy flooded roads) were the best i have ever seen. Day one was going out to Tarangire National Park which is usually filed with elephants and the such, but I noticed on our first drive we weren't seeing much, nor were we using a lot of the roads. But after we left the park it all made sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

Day two, as you will see, sightings were a minimum due to the flooding. But for the first time ever, i allowed the game drive to be cut short so we could go back and relax at the lodge. I must be getting old.

Edited by Brian's Art for Animals

• 3 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

Sorry this has taken a while to edit.. between the protesting, riots, and layoffs at work..i finally found some quiet time tonight to get it done. So glad i was able to get this trip in before the world shut down...day 3. We drove the long drive from Tarangire Park to Ndutu. We stopped along the way to jump with the Maasai.

Thanks for sharing @Brian's Art for Animals. That is some serious rainfall that has fallen.

Was that painting of your photograph from 2003?Amazing!!

Hope all is safe where you are in the US - sounds pretty hectic over your way.

• 3 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

yes, from a photo i took on a film camera waaay back in 2003. All is well. Had some trouble a few weeks back near me, but things have calmed down..well as calm as they get in Chicago....back to Ndutu we go...

• 3 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

and (sorry for the wait..) this is the PM drive of that same day in Ndutu...

• 5 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

And finally getting out of wet Ndutu to go to wet Serengeti. (filmed Feb 2020)

https://youtu.be/LRBIOx58DsU

• 4 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

And our first full day in the Serengeti. The limited roads we could use still found us being able to see these lion brothers and some mongoose.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

hyena at night: the camp cooks told me they come in every night to smell the ground where the dishes were washed..they were right :)

https://youtu.be/63ssGiUJZak

• 4 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

last night.. probably one of the non exciting drives.. oh well. sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Still great to be out in the bush.

https://youtu.be/M6NSwOlwgOg

good to be back on the road with  you guys. thanks for bringing the bush into my living room. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

FINAL drive.. i have never seen the crater so flooded... it was a nice drive at any rate. Can't wait to get back to Africa..or anywhere after all this virus is done.

https://youtu.be/j69daRi8Q6s

@Brian's Art for Animals just enjoyed your last two videos - taking me back to the africa and wildlife I've missed so much this year. thanks for all the work put in on the videos as always. 

Happy new Year in advance, and here's hoping for our returns to Africa and that they will be faster than we expect at this point of time!