Sign in to follow this  
Brian's Art for Animals

The Rains of Tanzania. Video report. 11 day safari in Feb 2020.

Brian's Art for Animals

Before the world shut down I was able to go back to Africa for my 8th time and Tanzania for my third time. I brought my wife who asked her father, sister, and brother in law. They were going for their first time and had never ever thought to go on Safari as their vacations were usually to go somewhere and drink wine and relax. Some can do this on safari, but these rains didn't make much time for relaxing. I had one heck of a time even though for the first time I was pretty much sick during the whole 11 days. It was planned through Savannah Explorers and our guide was Nicky whom we had on our last safari. His driving skills (muddy flooded roads) were the best i have ever seen. Day one was going out to Tarangire National Park which is usually filed with elephants and the such, but I noticed on our first drive we weren't seeing much, nor were we using a lot of the roads. But after we left the park it all made sense.

Brian's Art for Animals
Posted (edited)

Day two, as you will see, sightings were a minimum due to the flooding. But for the first time ever, i allowed the game drive to be cut short so we could go back and relax at the lodge. I must be getting old.

Edited by Brian's Art for Animals