Bird ID - Please help

Nik63

Hello, I need to correctly identify this bird. Is he a Dickinson's kestrel? Is there someone that can help me? Thanks (Pictures taken in the Serengeti National Park - Tanzania - February 2019)

DSC01027.JPG

DSC01028.JPG

Edited by Nik63

The other possibility would be a Grey Kestrel.

On a Dickinson's the contrast between the paler grey around the head and shoulders and the rest of its plumage is usually a bit more distinct. 

This bird also looks as if it has a small light grey bib which is consistent with the Grey Kestrel.

@Soukous it has a very prominent striped tail, which is suggestive of Dickinson's, however, now that I have done an internet search, I agree and think it looks more like a grey kestrel!!

2 minutes ago, Tdgraves said:

@Soukous it has a very prominent striped tail, which is suggestive of Dickinson's, however, now that I have done an internet search, I agree and think it looks more like a grey kestrel!!

Well knock me down with a feather. :o That's a first. :D You've made my day @Tdgraves

@Nik63 I've just had a look at some photos of grey kestrel and Dickinson's, on the Tanzanian Birds website, just to be sure, and I agree with @Soukous that it is certainly a grey kestrel. 

Tanzanian Birds grey kestrel

offshorebirder

Nice photos by the way @Nik63