Zambia 2018 part 1 (longer version)

JPS

After two years I decided to make a longer version with more details from this trip, it is always hard to keep it interesting once you create a longer version.

I hope it did work out.

Part 1 Zambia Part is almost completed.

Highlights of the trip summary are;

• Wild dog hunt in South Luangwa National park.
  • Leopard with a kill in a tree nearby.
  • Fish eagle hunting 1 July

1 July Chimwewe Lodge in Petauke, booked a family room.

• 2-4 July Wildlife camp in South Luangwa, camping spot.

• 5-7 July Zikomo camp, camping spot.

• 8-10 July Track and trail camp

Transport: Toyota Land cruiser bush camper double cab from Avis safari rental fully equipped

@JPS

I loved your video not in the least that magic minute at 40 ' filmed at night with genet , leopard and  Pell's : can't wait to go back to my beloved Zambia !

@JPSI have enjoyed your video over breakfast, great fun. Beautiful footage of the wild dogs preparing and hunting. Like Bracquene I am longing to go to Zambia, June 2021 it will definitely happen.

3 hours ago, Biko said:

@JPSI have enjoyed your video over breakfast, great fun. Beautiful footage of the wild dogs preparing and hunting. Like Bracquene I am longing to go to Zambia, June 2021 it will definitely happen.

You will not regret it....

Thanks for your kind feedback.

4 hours ago, BRACQUENE said:

@JPS

I loved your video not in the least that magic minute at 40 ' filmed at night with genet , leopard and  Pell's : can't wait to go back to my beloved Zambia !

Thanks for your kind feedback....

Yes, it is an amazing place.

• 1 month later...

@JPSgreat footage of SLNP, enjoyed it! Totally agree on your highlights, but there are many more imo. I loved how the hyena stood under the leopard kill in the tree, hoping a meal would fall down in his mouth.

I really thought you were on foot in minute 3.50, so when the elephant came closer I was a bit shocked how close he would get, but then the car moved... lol

I read in your bio you're from Shanghai, so was really surprised to here you speak Dutch when you had the dilemma of passing the elephant or keep waiting. What did you do in the end?

On 9/23/2020 at 9:18 AM, Biko said:

The vulture eating through the hippo's eye was a bit graphic, @BikoI hope you didn't take a bite of your breakfast at that moment? ;) 

awesome stuff -  takes me back to SLNP. thanks for takng the time to put it together for the enjoyable ride with you.

18 hours ago, LarsS said:

@JPSgreat footage of SLNP, enjoyed it! Totally agree on your highlights, but there are many more imo. I loved how the hyena stood under the leopard kill in the tree, hoping a meal would fall down in his mouth.

I really thought you were on foot in minute 3.50, so when the elephant came closer I was a bit shocked how close he would get, but then the car moved... lol

I read in your bio you're from Shanghai, so was really surprised to here you speak Dutch when you had the dilemma of passing the elephant or keep waiting. What did you do in the end?

The vulture eating through the hippo's eye was a bit graphic, @BikoI hope you didn't take a bite of your breakfast at that moment? ;) 

@LarsS Thanks for your kind words.

Yes that's correct I am a Dutch guy working as an expatriate in Shanghai for 4 years now.

We just waited a few minutes for that elephant until he was at a safe distance.

6 hours ago, Kitsafari said:

awesome stuff -  takes me back to SLNP. thanks for takng the time to put it together for the enjoyable ride with you.

You are more than welcome and thanks for your kind feedback.