Self drive from Zambia to in Zimbabwe July 2018 part 2

JPS

We have created a longer family version for us and my friends/family to watch. It also might be interesting for people wanting to visit these places to get an impression of what you will see and what kind of wildlife you might encounter.

Highlights;
  • Mock charge lioness in Chitake springs.
  • Chitake springs sounds in the night.
  • Large her of buffaloes drinking in the spring
  • Magical views over the Zambezi river in Manapools.

In this movie you will get an impression from the places we have stayed from our starting point South Luangwa part 1;

• 11 July Chimwewe Lodge in Petauake, booked a family room.
  • 12 July Palmwood lodge Lusaka http://palmwoodlodge.co.zm/
  • 13 July lake safari lodge (kariba) http://lake-safari-lodge-zm.book.direct/
  • 14- 17 July Chitake 2 Mana pools Zimbabwe
  • 18-23 July Mucheni 2 Mana pools Zimbabwe
  • 24 July Nyamepi campsite 17
  • 25 July Tiffany lodge Zambia
  • 26 July Kakwele lodge Zambia

Support for putting this trip together smoothly;
We received great support from the different 4x4 forum members; http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/

Transport:
Toyota Landruiser bushcamper double cab from Avis safari rental fully equipped.
One tent on top of the car for our son, for us it was the first time on the ground. After seeing so many people sleeping on the ground we finally have the courage to try it ourselves.
(After we booked the equipment we read the story of the lady being pulled out her tent by a leopard in Matopi, ok, ok it normally never happens but…..)

EQUIPMENT;
Flashlight Olight; This flashlight gets the job done in the bush.
LED XML-2 Range
1,000 m Maximum
life 360h
Waterproof IPX- 8

Suolma power torch 200 Watt two-light LED lights yellow and bright.
(Chinese brand)
Binocular Olympus 10x50 DPS I field 6.5”

Photo and Video gear; Canon 5D M IV and 70D.
Video Canon XA 30.
Wildlife night cam.
Go pro

Lens;
Canon 70-200 II 2.8
Tamron 15-30mm 2.8
Tamron 24-70mm 2.8
Tamron 150-600
Sigma 10.20mm

Satellite phone rented from sat4rent. http://www.sat4rent.co.za/
Price 28 days 3200 Rand with 30 minutes airtime including insurances.

Edited by JPS

I'd love to see your video but it's tagged as private so I can't open it.

33 minutes ago, mtanenbaum said:

I'd love to see your video but it's tagged as private so I can't open it.

Thanks for updating, now it should work.

Fantastic video! We were mock charged as well at Chitake Springs in 2012, great memories. Such an amazing place. Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, Paul B said:

Fantastic video! We were mock charged as well at Chitake Springs in 2012, great memories. Such an amazing place. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your kind words, yes it is an amazing place.

AfricanQueen

Thank you for sharing!

It was lovely watching it, seeing all the places I‘ve been to so often- especially now when one cannot go there😢

Just sat through the 40 minutes of your video @JPS Absolute heaven. and as @AfricanQueensays, so familiar. The places, sounds and animals all feel like old friends so thank you for sharing this with us.

Do you know what spooked the buffalo, and made them go back up the ramp when they were at the spring? 

7 hours ago, wilddog said:

Just sat through the 40 minutes of your video @JPS Absolute heaven. and as @AfricanQueensays, so familiar. The places, sounds and animals all feel like old friends so thank you for sharing this with us.

Do you know what spooked the buffalo, and made them go back up the ramp when they were at the spring? 

Thanks for your kind words, no unfortunately we never saw what spooked the buffaloes, we were hoping lions but did not see any....

8 hours ago, AfricanQueen said:

Thank you for sharing!

It was lovely watching it, seeing all the places I‘ve been to so often- especially now when one cannot go there😢

Thanks for your kind words, yes I guess we are all hoping to travel soon again.

I had to rebook my trip again as |Botswana extended their state of emergency with 6 months....