Come with me to Maasai Mara

optig

Fortunately, I was able to take advantage of the Corona Virus pandemic and go the Maasai Mara for 12 nights. There were few other people there and most of them were Kenyans both black and white. I spent 4 nights at Mahali Mazuri, 4 at Offbeat Mara and 4 at Nabiosho Camp. They were all excellent. Mahali Mazuri had the best food and a widespread choice of high quality South African wines. However, the food was also excellent  at Nabiosho Camp and at Offbeat Mara. 

While at Mahali Mazuri,I mostly saw lions .I was very close to one particular lion as it kept roaring,I have never been so close before.This was a fabulous encounter.The sunset view from my tent was also exemplary.

P1190262.JPG

P1190341.JPG

P1190409.JPG

P1190427.JPG

P1190482.JPG

P1190474.JPG

How lovely @optigI am sure we are all very jealous of you living on the doorstep of the Kenya parks. I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

The photos of bat eared foxes were my favorite during my safari to the Masai Mara. All the elephants that I saw were quite relaxed. This to me is evidence that poaching really has been reduced in Kenya and particularly in the Masai Mara. 

P1190561.JPG

P1190586.JPG

P1190603.JPG

P1190605.JPG

P1190611.JPG

P1190619.JPG

P1190639.JPG

P1190648.JPG

Pamshelton3932

I'm so glad someone is getting the opportunity to go on safari!  It looks like you had a wonderful time, @optig

the bat-eared foxes are so delightful @optig! thank you for sharing the photos.

as you know, I am very jealous you are right at the doorstep of the safari locations and that you did the safari. I'm going to live vicariously through your report, so please keep it coming!

Of course I enjoyed bird watching in the Maasai mara,I roughly saw 6 new species of birds but did not take pictures of each and every bird.

P1190569.JPG

P1190578.JPG

P1190584.JPG

P1190591.JPG

P1190594.JPG

You lucky local!  The tourism industry needs people like you to visit.  Thank you for doing this.  You were well rewarded.

Lucky you @optig- glad you were able to go and thank you for sharing with us! You got some nice close photos of the bat-eared foxes! And your bird shots are very good.

Great stuff @optigVery envious. Oh to be back on safari...

“I had a farm in Africa, at the foot of the Ngong Hills.” ahhhh, if only.

BTW @Atravelynn nice work on the avatar ;) 

Matt

On 10/20/2020 at 6:26 AM, Game Warden said:

On 10/20/2020 at 6:26 AM, Game Warden said:

BTW @Atravelynn nice work on the avatar ;)   Doing my part to keeping all the other avatars safe and healthy.

Matt

Edited by Atravelynn