Safari to Serengeti:I am very fortunate man

optig

@Julian I do believe that those two serval were young.I am currently 60 but did not go on any safari until when I was 45 and that was in South Africa.So my first safari was in 2006.

I enjoyed this safari so much, that I'm planning to return to Tanzania in August of this year. I'll be visiting Dunia Camp for four nights, Sayari Lodge for four, Little Oliver's Camp in Tarangire for 4, and to Asilia's lodge on Rubondo Island for 3 nights. I'm quite excited because I've never visited either Tarangire National Park or Rubondo Island before.Interestingly enough,the more I go in safari the more I enjoy it.

madaboutcheetah

@optigI will look forward to your report from Rubondo .......

A fresh trip report! Wasn't expecting that these days. Looks like you had a great trip with many special cat sightings. Must have been really special to share the camp and park with so few people. Am sure you enjoyed your safari!

The Seronera Testing Site is open, I did my test there last tuesday. 

madaboutcheetah
23 hours ago, ice said:

The Seronera Testing Site is open, I did my test there last tuesday. 

Thanks @ice - Was it easy?  How long did it take for the results to get to you? 

2 minutes ago, madaboutcheetah said:

Thanks @ice - Was it easy?  How long did it take for the results to get to you? 

In my particular case it was a bit stressful and took much longer than promised and expected, but that was because I was travelling semi-private and then they made a mistake while typing in my passport number into their database. In general, if your guide / TO knows what he is doing, it should run smoothly and take a maximum of 48 h to get your results.

Wow fantastic caracal and serval encounters, really glad someone has made it out on safari recently so we can all live vicariously

• 2 weeks later...

The caracal is a highlight of your many fabulous sightings.  Bottle that luck up and take it with you!

• 2 months later...

Yep, agree with Lynn, bottle it all up for August! :D 

Lovely pictures, Owen.