This is not a Big Year - Pedro´s 2021

pedro maia

#16, Whistling heron

1932878276_IMG_3958Whistlingheron.jpg.6f4c16e4662b44618a04da111c7c8eb9.jpg

Dave Williams

Good luck on retrieving your images Pedro. It's a sicker when you find yourself in this situation.

Out of interest, was this a card you had used before and in the same camera?

I personally don't like SD cards, they are too flimsy. The contacts are open to damage when you take them out of the camera and slot them in to a computer. I think maybe better to transfer directly from the camera although that isn't ideal either as it leaves the protective cover on the camera where you plug in the cable ( depending on which one you have) open to damage too.

Great pictures @pedro maia the herons are truly amazing and some hot news : tomorrow I have an online call for a possible future trip to the Pantanal ;)

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Good luck on retrieving your images Pedro. It's a sicker when you find yourself in this situation.

Out of interest, was this a card you had used before and in the same camera?

I personally don't like SD cards, they are too flimsy. The contacts are open to damage when you take them out of the camera and slot them in to a computer. I think maybe better to transfer directly from the camera although that isn't ideal either as it leaves the protective cover on the camera where you plug in the cable ( depending on which one you have) open to damage too.

The card has always been in the same camera and the pictures are directly transfered from the camera, let´s see what happens.

Edited by pedro maia

32 minutes ago, BRACQUENE said:

Great pictures @pedro maia the herons are truly amazing and some hot news : tomorrow I have an online call for a possible future trip to the Pantanal ;)

That would be great, if you go it will be to Pantanal north or south?

#18, Neotropic cormorant

1909166713_IMG_2153Neotropiccormorantcorvo-marinho-americano.jpg.fd9533fd69da318f4e670cb5d064b066.jpg

#19, Green ibis

1442776968_IMG_0598Greenibis.jpg.d13728042a0520bdd08b66fc9b6af15c.jpg

#20, Bare-faced ibis

1598061605_IMG_0721Bare-facedibis.jpg.137ef9212a5a65f7f6ad0b9bfd64ee2c.jpg

#21, Plumbeous ibis

752887253_IMG_0728Plumbeousibis.jpg.82ac371e509dc50afc65f83bade65773.jpg

#22, Buff-necked ibis

1023940729_IMG_2530Buff-neckedibis.jpg.4c92746dc6623ea8eaf97fe6972ac7e5.jpg

A really wonderful selection of waterbirds!

Beautiful! Keep them coming.

Some fantastic birds there - I just love that a bird called the chacalaca exists!!!

Excellent birds so far, looking forward to see more!

Really beautiful selection of herons and friends! 🙂

Brilliant images of beautiful birds - love that whistling heron and the anhinga!

Thanks for the comments, I was waiting for the result of the retrieving of the card, I know that they were retrieving photos from 2020 but I still don´t know about the photos I want, so I´m going to continue. 

#24, Wood stork

1144744096_IMG_1741Woodstork.jpg.ae79c56734e6f5c5bc0f2914f87e66cb.jpg

#25, Maguari stork

1368765464_IMG_3740Maguaristork.jpg.91ab11c57cacd16cf88ef782783fe55f.jpg

All photos retrieved :).