Kenya - Bird identification help - similar to Sage Thrasher

trailrunner

trailrunner

On my 2-week Kenyan safari in Aug 2018, I took about 11,000 photos. I mostly focussed on the bigger animals, but found about 60 new bird species that I am finally getting around to identifying. "Google Lens" and eBird have been incredibly helpful. However, this one has me stumped. Looks just like a Sage Thrasher, but they are a Western US/Mexico bird, not found (according to eBird) in East Africa. Taken in Kenya at Samburu Game Lodge (0°34'22" N 37°32'16" E).  Can anyone help identify it? (It's the same bird in the two photos.)

Thanks in advance! 

3A0A6916.jpg

3A0A6927.jpg

Edited by trailrunner
added clarification

Haven’t been to Kenya yet (thanks COVID) but Merlin says spotted morning thrush

@trailrunnerI agree, this is a Spotted Morning-thrush also called Spotted Palm-thrush (Cichladusa guttata)

trailrunner

Thank you, Tdgraves and inyathi.  I appreciated your help!! That was the last of the 61 bird species that I happened to photograph while I spent an amazing two weeks in Kenya on a "big game" safari. 

Here is a link to my eBird summary, which has my best photo of each species:

https://ebird.org/media/catalog?regionCode=KE&userId=USER1057162

Also, here is one of my favorite photos - an African Spoonbill - because few people look at a post if there isn't a photo! :-) 

3A0A1491.jpg

A super collection on ebird

Zarek Cockar

@trailrunnerFYI Cornell's free "Merlin Bird ID" app now has a Kenya pack, which is very useful.