Journey during covid 19

optig

One can see the stark beauty of the plains because the flowers have bloomed. In Liuwa Plains hyenas are the apex predator, something that is apparent in these photos.

These lion photos were just fabulous. I also photographed a cheetah and dung beetles.

P1230067.JPG

P1230075.JPG

P1230086.JPG

P1230097.JPG

P1230100.JPG

P1230109.JPG

P1230122.JPG

These are the photos that I took on my last day at LIuwa Plains.  I really enjoyed photographing the vultures and of course the lions.

P1230161.JPG

P1230163.JPG

P1230168.JPG

P1230188.JPG

P1230191.JPG

P1230206.JPG

P1230210.JPG

P1230214.JPG

P1230229.JPG

After this I went to Lusaka. I regret that I had to stay an extra day there due to testing for Covid-19, but we all have to live with this crisis. Anyways, it still felt good to return home to Nairobi. Then I had a long lunch with @Sangeetaand @Atravelynn.It was just great fun.

Thanks @optigand seeing your Liuwa pictures , this is definitely on my list of a future trip ; I wonder if Philippe Briggs might have a new edition of the Zambia Bradt guide in mind most likely in collaboration with Chris McIntyre from Expert Africa who wrote all the previous editions but the latest edition dates already from 2016 and in the meantime a lot has changed in Zambia  especially in terms of camps and accommodation ( see my topic on the Kafue ) : comparing with other guide books from Philippe and Chris for that matter who had several updates recently Zambia is in need of a new one ! 

What an amazing trip @optig! I can only imagine how impressive that hippo must have been, and probably won't come close how it is in real life. The wildlife and the areas you have visited are stunning and an inspiration to visit lesser known/visited areas. Thanks for sharing!

a most pleasant TR to enjoy on the screen since I can't physically. and i envy your long lunch with Sangeeta and Lynn but so pleased you managed to get together with them. :) 

On 12/3/2021 at 12:50 AM, optig said:

After this I went to Lusaka. I regret that I had to stay an extra day there due to testing for Covid-19, but we all have to live with this crisis. Anyways, it still felt good to return home to Nairobi. Then I had a long lunch with @Sangeetaand @Atravelynn.It was just great fun.

A most delicious lunch I must say, and great company.  Thanks for fitting us into your schedule between your safaris!

The lion photos have electric colors.

• 4 months later...

Thanks very much for sharing. Have moved Mashatu up my wish list and added Liuwa - what gorgeous Lions! Wish I had read this report before travelling to Cape Town this Easter for my mother in law’s 90th. Will keep Grootbos Forest Lodge in mind next time. Thanks again and happy travels.