Big Year 2022...

Game Warden

I can imagine the keenest amongst you have already bagged a few sightings today, so I promise that in the coming hours I'll be setting up a new Big Year 2022 subforum for you all to start filling.

Thank you everyone for making 2021 such a success and I'm sure there will still be some images to come to wrap up your topics. 

May the birding fun long continue.

And,

Which bird do you must want to photograph this year?

Matt

Thank you @Game Warden . I'm keen to see who will kick off the BY2022....

Thank you @Game Warden

On 1/1/2022 at 1:17 PM, Game Warden said:

Which bird do you must want to photograph this year?

I suppose for me that could be the tiny Crested Tit. Not rare but still a bird I’ve only seen a few times and never been able to take a photo of.

Peter Connan

Painted Snipe. In flight.

Not asking for much...

Edited by Peter Connan

Dave Williams
On 1/3/2022 at 7:47 PM, Peter Connan said:

Painted Snipe. In flight.

Not asking for much...

They fly with their legs down! I'm surprised I haven't binned this one taken over 10 years ago, I haven't seen one fly since that I can remember, they normally run back in to the dense cover they appeared from!

Good luck on that one Peter.

_DSC4994.jpg.e92a264b19c41f785380cf1f658ad98a.jpg

Pictus Safaris

It may be asking for the earth, but I'll be keeping a keen eye out for Shelley's Eagle-Owl in Tai next month.... failing that, a good view of yellow-headed Picathartes would be a most welcome consolation prize!