Another Epic Kabini trip!!!

madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

Dear all,

Here are some photographic highlights ....... Tiger from the boat trip a first for me !!! Here are the first few ......

Special Thanks goes to the superb service and team at KAAV - Sujith their naturalist and in camp their manager Divya with impeccable hospitality........ Speechless

2022kaav1.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav2.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav3.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav4.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav5.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav6.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav7.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav8.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav9.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav10.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav12.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

Edited by madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

This series is very special to me .......  Sloth bear in Kabini is certainly not an every day sighting and definitely not in the middle of the afternoon!!! 

2022kaav14.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav15.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav16.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav17.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav18.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav19.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

madaboutcheetah

More Kabini magic!!!

2022kaav20.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav23.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav24.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav25.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav26.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav27.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav28.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav29.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav30.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav31.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav32.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav33.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav34.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav36.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

2022kaav22.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

wow fantastic. I hope to add Kabini on my next India trip...whenever that may be!

Is Blackie still being seen?

madaboutcheetah

@janzin- you must visit!! ...... Blackie alas, only once every two weeks or so ......however, he's doing well. 

madaboutcheetah

We didn't go all out looking for him this time ...... Too much going on at the moment - Leopards making a comeback in Prime Tiger country!!!

Africalover

As always - great shots.  How expensive is Kabini the way you do, if I may ask

madaboutcheetah
9 hours ago, Africalover said:

As always - great shots.  How expensive is Kabini the way you do, if I may ask

I’d say budget around 300-350 pppn USD 

Gorgeous photos! How many days was your trip to get so many great sightings?

madaboutcheetah
29 minutes ago, mtanenbaum said:

Gorgeous photos! How many days was your trip to get so many great sightings?

6 game drives and a boat ride ...... 4 nights 

Amazing pictures of the Sloth bear, what a great trip!

Amazing pictures, Hari. Great job. You will be interested to know the latest National Geographic  ( March 22) has a feature called Big Cat Haven shot mostly in Nagarahole by Shazam Jung written by Yudhijit Bhattacharyee. Check it out. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/article/in-this-dense-indian-forest-tigers-and-leopards-are-thriving-feature

(may not work for non- subscribers )

here is another  link to the same story 

https://apple.news/A0uRGAUpBQXeqe1IPf5LUjA

Edited by AKR1
Added link

@madaboutcheetahWOW!   What a great short visit with fabulous sightings and photos!

Gorgeous pictures as always. and the Sloth Bear shots, just wow.

Edited by wilddog

Game Warden

Wow. One word sums up my feelings about the images in your opening posts @madaboutcheetah

Matt. 

wow the sloth bear really showed for you - fantastic! 

madaboutcheetah
On 3/4/2022 at 9:25 PM, Biko said:

@madaboutcheetahThese are amazing sightings indeed, for only 4 days/6 gamedrives. Are there many tourists in Kabini?

Thank You all for the kind comments ......... Much appreciated @Kitsafari@TonyQ@Game Warden@wilddog@marg@Towlersonsafari@Biko@AKR1@Zim Girl

@Biko- regarding crowds.... there's a limit on the number of vehicles in Kabini across the two zones ...... and no Private vehicles as in the other Indian parks.  So, this is a different experience and one must visit simply because of the conservation marvel that it's become over the course of time as highlighted in the article posted by @AKR1

@AKR1- Thanks for the heads up - Yes, Shaaz runs "the Bison" in kabini ....... he's popular on instagram and worked with the film crew in the recent documentaries that came out recently re the Black panther etc etc., 

FYI - At present, "Project Grassland" is an ongoing project where Lantana which is an invasive species (Think originally brought in from South America a long time ago) is being removed from across the park.  The problem with the lantana is that it is so dense that there is no sunlight that allows other plants to grow.  In only a short time, game density and visibility is more apparent.  Also, with this the Gaur are now permanent throught the year without a need to migrate far and away and they are high on the Tiger's menu.

michael-ibk

Wow Hari, awesome sightings and photos! B)

madaboutcheetah
19 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

Wow Hari, awesome sightings and photos! B)

Thanks Michael ...... Put it on your list next time you come to India and let me know in advance!!  Best time Feb-early May (not later than first week of May) for the best viewing conditions ..... 

Awesome photos Hari!

• 1 month later...

Great set Hari ! I just returned from other side of Nagarhole staying at JLR Kings Sanctuary and must say its a marvelous forest . Though sightings this side is rarer than the Kabini side given thicker wooded areas and lesser grasslands. I did still see couple of leopards and a sloth bear as well as 40-50 elephants over the course of 3N/4D. Indeed a great success story.  

madaboutcheetah

Thanks @Atdahland @bushbaby… kings sanctuary? So in the main nagarhole NP section ??  Glad you had a good trip