Just returned from Alaska...great bear viewing trip

melproffit

6 hours ago, Botswanadreams said:

@melproffit Nice bears. Where have you been in Alaska?

these photos were taken on Chichagof Island, about a 30 minute flight from Juneau. went with Alaska Above and Beyond. this was our fourth trip to Alaska including twice to Denali National Park. i was drawn to your member name immediately and checked out your website. my wife and i spent about 10 days in Botswana for our honeymoon in 2016. loved it. also recently visited Tanzania. i also noticed on your site under the movie tips that it appears your fans of the Joubert's work. they are my "heroes". i was lucky enough to meet them at a National Geographic event and they couldn't have been nicer. it is my dream to somehow accompany them on a photo safari in Botswana. so very glad Beverley has recovered from her buffalo encounter.

P1040917.JPG

Botswanadreams

Thanks @melproffit.  I'm sure there are so many places in BC and Alaska for bear watching. You have a very easy access to this places. We have been to Khutzeymateen in BC for 3 days and Anan Creek in Alaska for one day this year. It needs a lot of time to go through all the pics. 

Just now, Botswanadreams said:

Thanks @melproffit.  I'm sure there are so many places in BC and Alaska for bear watching. You have a very easy access to this places. We have been to Khutzeymateen in BC for 3 days and Anan Creek in Alaska for one day this year. It needs a lot of time to go through all the pics. 

we visited Kutzeymateen a few years ago and got shutout on bears. none in about 5 hours. my next goal is to get to Lake Clark National Park in Alaska.

Nice bear viewing!  Looks like there is more in your future as well.

On 8/25/2022 at 5:51 PM, Atravelynn said:

Nice bear viewing!  Looks like there is more in your future as well.

i very much hope so. won't be for a year maybe two. wife won't do bears every trip;). really hoping to do South Africa or Zambia in '23