Selfdrive 4x4 safari Kgalagadi NP April 2022, Botswana, South Africa

JPS

April 2022 was once again the year for us to visit magical Kgalagadi. We were lucky to see lions and leopards, cheetahs and jackals, many birds and a huge variety of reptiles. We saw a lot of snakes, adders and cobras in the nests and on the roads.One morning we saw a lioness by the road with fresh kill and watched her for days until the two lions that dominated the area came. But the kill attracted not only young male lions, but also the old, sick lion Silver eye. A lone lion is not a competitor to young and strong rivals, but it was a great privilege to see how he selflessly opposed the young force. Sitting on the edge of the road, he desperately growled and tried to keep his distance, his own dignity and life itself... The young lions answered with a powerful growl and showed who is now the master of the savanna, but did not touch the old lion, to our joy.Magical sunsets and colorful sunrises, birds singing, the diversity of nature and its perfection make this park a truly MAGIC place.

To get an impression of what you might encounter we have created a very nice summary in my opinion....hope you agree, it is wildlife and nature only...

During our journey, we stayed at the following camps;

April 3, 2022 URIKARUUS

April 4, 2022 GARAGHAB

April 5 to 10, 2022 Roopuits #6

April 11, 2022 Nosob river view chalet

April 12, 13 2022 Mpaya reserve camp

April 14,15 2022 mabua camp 4

April 16, 2022 Monamodi camp 2

April 17, 2022 bosobogolo camp 1

April 18, 2022 Nossob Rf2

April 19,20 2022 grootkolk

April 21, 2022 Nossob RF2

April 22, 2022 premium campsite nossob

April 23, 2022 Campsite matamata

April 24, 2022 Lavender Lodge

Rented a bushlore bushlapa camper;

We had some intensive experiences;

If you have any questions about the trip, feel free to ask.

Kind regards

Johan

_A5A0119.jpg

_A5A0229.jpg

_A5A0283.jpg

_A5A0319.jpg

_A5A0333.jpg

_A5A0411.jpg

_A5A0435.jpg

_A5A0461.jpg

_A5A0504.jpg

_A5A0627.jpg

_A5A0714.jpg

_A5A0741.jpg

_A5A0747.jpg

_A5A0782.jpg

_A5A0970.jpg

_A5A0974.jpg

_A5A1178.jpg

_A5A1190.jpg

_A5A1284.jpg

_A5A1377.jpg

_A5A1426-2.jpg

_A5A1623.jpg

_A5A1822.jpg

_A5A1843.jpg

_A5A1991.jpg

_A5A2042.jpg

3O4A1771.jpg

3O4A1778.jpg

3O4A1796.jpg

3O4A1824.jpg

3O4A1902.jpg

3O4A1951.jpg

3O4A1980.jpg

3O4A1990.jpg

Towlersonsafari

Really enjoyed  the video @JPSwonderful trip

Enjoyed all.How do you like Mpaya reserve camp? Any lions around camp? I will be staying there for two nights next year.

Enjoyed your video very much, a lovely reminder of all that KTP has to offer. I hope the puff adder enjoys its new home!

12 hours ago, Wildship said:

Enjoyed all.How do you like Mpaya reserve camp? Any lions around camp? I will be staying there for two nights next year.

I really enjoy mpaya campsite, it is my favorite camp on the Botswana part. Regarding the lions, you are almost guaranteed to see lions and they visit the camps on a frequent base. The bad thing is that they start to get used to humans so close encounters are common and it is a matter of time when an accident will happen. So take care and enjoy this magical place.

12 hours ago, Treepol said:

Enjoyed your video very much, a lovely reminder of all that KTP has to offer. I hope the puff adder enjoys its new home!

Thanks for your feedback and indeed, KTP is an amazing place especially for me between February and April, love the lights, colors, butterflies and rest.

Edited by JPS

excellent video and photos!. the fist one yellow snake is a Cape Cobra?

I found alos that the lion is beautiful. Not only the photo but the enimal itself. Less scars, dark mane, nice face. Handsome male ;-)

The merkats, acrobatic squirrol and bird pics are lso very special.

3 hours ago, ElenaH said:

I found alos that the lion is beautiful. Not only the photo but the enimal itself. Less scars, dark mane, nice face. Handsome male ;-)

Kalahari lions are generally considered the most beautiful lions of Africa - unlike most of their relatives they spend hardly any time in woodlands or deep bush and thus indeed generally have less scars.

12 hours ago, ElenaH said:

excellent video and photos!. the fist one yellow snake is a Cape Cobra?

The merkats, acrobatic squirrol and bird pics are lso very special.

Many thanks Elana for your feedback, and yes it was a cape cobra.This year we spotted almost on s daily base...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, @JPS, I loved your video and the photography is sensational.

Many thanks for your positive feedback, appreciated.

1 hour ago, Biko said:

Magnificent footage and pictures! very much enjoyed it

Many thanks for your feedback Biko, appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the video and the slow motion sequences are exquisite. The stills are very  beautiful as well. Well done!

9 hours ago, KaliCA said:

Loved the video and the slow motion sequences are exquisite. The stills are very  beautiful as well. Well done!

Thanks for your feedback Kalica, appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

What a professional video.  Echoing the comment of others, those slo-mos really are dramatic. The music is perfect.  I think I saw some of your other videos at an earlier time--the puff adder in the vehicle and cheetahs and leopards competing for ostrich.  You've created a great memory of your Kgalagadi memories.  If that Cape Cobra on the weaver nest was in the Twee Rivieren vicinity, I know that snake.  The male lion with the eye injury was quite a fright.  Such tough creatures.

Thanks for the video.  It will bring visitors to the Kgalagadi.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:47 AM, Atravelynn said:

What a professional video.  Echoing the comment of others, those slo-mos really are dramatic. The music is perfect.  I think I saw some of your other videos at an earlier time--the puff adder in the vehicle and cheetahs and leopards competing for ostrich.  You've created a great memory of your Kgalagadi memories.  If that Cape Cobra on the weaver nest was in the Twee Rivieren vicinity, I know that snake.  The male lion with the eye injury was quite a fright.  Such tough creatures.

Thanks for the video.  It will bring visitors to the Kgalagadi.

Thank you for your nice feedback, and yes that was indeed the snake at two rivers in the weaver's nest, how nice that you recognize this as I have several nests with the same species of snakes, how do you recognize this?

Indeed, the sightings of the male lion were seriously intense and so privileged that we get to witness them, although it is also difficult at times.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:47 AM, Atravelynn said: