Galana's Seventh. Lucky numbers.

Galana

Thanks for the kind wishes, and hope you enjoy a nice, peaceful break!

Have a happy and blessed holiday to both of you  -  such an idyllic place - and may the christmas birds turn up on that very inviting open space. 

9 hours ago, Kitsafari said:

may the christmas birds turn up on that very inviting open space.

Thanks. Very cosy but nary a feather in 48 hours.  Time yet.

Have a lovely stay at your cottage and my best wishes for both of you ! 

Thanks Peter.

Update. We are home. I did find some Redwings but one of the well known measures of lapsed time is the gap between seeing a bird, applying brakes and a damn car appearing in one's rear view mirror.:angry:

But the highlight for me was a list Lifer. Great Spotted Woodpecker. They do exist in small numbers but in all the years I have lived here I have heard but never seen one. Yesterday 29th, Stopped the car to scrutinise some foraging finches and my lifer arrived amongst them. Missed the shot but got the bird.

Last chance saloon tomorrow to increase my score but I am happier with a woodpecker at 179 for my island list. And  a bonus was noticing that Greenshank was also a list lifer for IOM too. 179 is not much elsewhere but not bad out of a country list of only 324.

A great Big Year with an excellent total. It has been very enjoyable to follow through the year and around the Globe!

Dave Williams

Very impressive Fred, not just the score but your enthusiasm to keep traveling to far distant places when others have lost the will. You are an inspiration. Have a great 2024.

Thanks Dave. You don't do so bad yourself. Goa, the Gambia and RSA are hardly local.

If like me you live on an Island even travelling 100 miles calls for a plane or boat and once on board another 3,900 is nee bother.