A Doggy Dog Start to the New Year; A trip tracking Dogs, Spots, stripes and more ....... A green season visit to Botswana- January 2023......

madaboutcheetah

Good evening @madaboutcheetah

I would like some advice from you regarding the Kwando camps in the Delta.

I am in the process of booking a mobile Safari with unlimited or Letaka through Moremi and Khwai.

I would like to finish with 3 nights in a lodge.

Unlimited Safari's have mentioned I should try a Kwando camp, either Splash or 4Rivers which is new I think, I have not heard much about either camp. They offer very good green season specials.

What's your thoughts on these 2 camps?

I would love to maximise our Predator sightings and unsure which camp would be the best option?

I notice that you love staying at Lagoon and Lebala.

If you had a choice of 1 lodge for 3 nights which one would you recommend?

Kind Regards

@Hads

@HadsI'm going to jump in here to say that my sister and I went on a safari visiting 5 Kwando camps (Nxai Pan,

MMa Dinare, Kwara, Lagoon and Lebala) during the green season in March this year.  It was amazing and wonderful. 

The lodges were all terrific and each different in its own way.  The guides and staff were exceptional. I cannot recommend

them highly enough. Of the two you mentioned, I preferred Lagoon probably because it is on water. Ofthe five that we went

to, my favorite was Kwara. I just looked at the website for the new camp, and it looks equally great.

You cannot go wrong in staying i a Kwando Camp.

Ginny

madaboutcheetah

@Hads- I recommend 4 rivers for January …/ I was just there !! Report to come 

Edited by madaboutcheetah

Thanks @madaboutcheetah, Looking forward to reading your report about 4rivers and the sightings you had.

Hi @Ginny, thanks very much for your feedback on the Kwando camps.

They all look very good, I have not heard any feedback on the Kwando 4rivers camp as yet.

I would like to hear how good the game viewing is in this newish area, I think the 4Rivers camp only opened a few weeks ago?

Why was Kwara your favourite? Game sightings better?

Are you going to write a trip report :) ?

madaboutcheetah

@Hads- game drives have been going to tsum tsum for many years and that area can now be accessed from 4 R easily and more road network there atm.  In January with low flood water levels game can only get better.