Kolkata, Sundarban and Assam

Soukous

Thank you @Soukousfor a very enjoyable report 

You did get some lovely bird photos at Manas, but you were unlucky with the weather.

It was a good imaginative itinerary 

I found this TR very pleasant, I had seen a few documentarys about Sundarban so it was good to see it through your perspective, even if it wasn´t very successful in terms of sightings, and Assan is one place I would like to visit, especially Kaziranga, even if I don´t know if it will be my choice for a fisrt trip to India that I hope will happen, just don´t know when.

19 minutes ago, pedro maia said:

Assan is one place I would like to visit, especially Kaziranga, even if I don´t know if it will be my choice for a fisrt trip to India

Pedro, one thing that takes most visitors to India by surprise is the level of pollution that persists in Delhi and Mumbai. The great thing about Assam is that the air quality is pretty good. It is not the best region for seeing tigers but it does allow for very relaxed game viewing.

After all, this was one nice trip, Martin. I love reading about Kolkata as it seems to be a heaven for any street photographer. Your birds might not be as numerous as you have expected but they are all excellent! 

You should tell the bulbul that Alex is chasing his cousins on the others side of the Andaman Sea. Where birds were plenty but the country lack the rest of the wildlife.

Looking at Bhutan must gave you an idea or two? They have some spectacular birds there.

Edited by xelas

5 minutes ago, xelas said:

Looking at Bhutan must gave you an idea or two? They have some spectacular birds there.

and lots more dense jungle for them to hide in. Manas was tough enough. I think I need to ask @PeterHGfor some tips on where to go in Latin America, his birds are fabulous.

Colombia, my friend! Everybody goes to Ecuador ... but Colombia tops even Ecuador! (not that I've been in either but would love to go :D)

For easy birdin' go to Costa Rica.

2 minutes ago, xelas said:

Colombia, my friend!

too many tall trees, with little birds right at the top :(

What a very different and interesting trip. Thanks Martin. 

Kaziranga sounds like a delightful and very appealing place to visit - especially for the armoured rhinos and elephants and all those different antelope species. those water buffaloes have impressive horns!

I think I would love to visit kairanga even while i'm still a bit hesitant about returning to the other tiger parks. 

thanks for sharing the places - really useful and lovely photos! and i'm jealous of your silver breasted broadbill - still yet to see it. 

Thanks for sharing these gems of India.  Odd weather seems to be the norm now.