michael-ibk

michael-ibk

603/E153) Eurasian Wren (Troglodytes troglodytes) / Zaunkönig

Drauhofen, Carinthia/Austria, 28/12/23. Very nice sighting of one of our smallest birds - good one to end this year.

Krnten_072_Zaunknig-Bearbeitet.jpg.5a4511b3f513735ed007a1a5b90df3e1.jpg

Yes, that's it from me. See you in 2024!:)

Well done on passing 600. A wonderful score, and a really enjoyable thread throughout the year. Looking forward to seeing what a fully fit @michael-ibkcan do in 2024!

An impressive number and many, many interesting birds from various parts of the world. A joy to follow your BY thread Michael and besides a few worthwhile EBCs you included some real beauties in the last batch, like Green Woodpecker and Wren! Looking forward to your 2024 efforts.

pedro maia

Only 603? I think it was the lack of pressure, we have to take care of that for next year:lol:.

Congrats Michael, that’s an impressive number in any circonstance.

Kitsafari

Someone said to watch out for my BY count, and then, that someone sneaked up with a count that beat @Galana's count by 2 (admittedly, Fred may just sneak back in and beat you after his holidays)

It's not really a surprise for you to cross the 600th for what you call a "quiet" year since we've seen you hit the four-figure mark when you work even harder!

congrats on hitting that milestone and getting that nemesis bird 

Peter Connan

An amazing effort for an "off year" Michael!

And not even a single qualifying EBC?

Indeed, that EBC drawer was filled with good photos only! End of the year was definitively very productive for you. Book me for 3 nights this x-mas :D

Congratulations for yet another excellent result passing by #600. 

Congratulations. I knew it would be close but you came up on the rails nicely.

Zim Girl

Very well done on getting to 600.  Also very jealous of such a good green woodpecker picture, another bird we spent all year looking for with no opportunity for a photo.

BRACQUENE

Another fabulous result Michael!

Congratulations!

michael-ibk
Posted (edited)

Thanks a lot @TonyQ, @PeterHG, @pedro maia, @Kitsafari, @Peter Connan, @xelas, @Galana, @Zim Girland @BRACQUENE.

It's actually my second best year, ex aequo with 2018 when I had exactly the same number. Could probably have gotten about a 50 more had I not been out of action in spring. But the big numbers always come through traveling of course, and South America, Africa and Europe are a fabulous combination. Much of this game comes down to how many places you go and how many species are there. 

23 hours ago, TonyQ said:

Looking forward to seeing what a fully fit @michael-ibkcan do in 2024!

I wish! Typing from a hospital bed right now (nothing terribly serious, another infiltration). 

20 hours ago, Kitsafari said:

Fred may just sneak back in and beat you after his holidays

Counting on that, but I'm pretty sure a certain wonderful lady from Singapore will best us all. 🙂

20 hours ago, Kitsafari said:

It's not really a surprise for you to cross the 600th for what you call a "quiet" year since we've seen you hit the four-figure mark when you work even harder!

Even if I did work harder my travel plans (Namibia and Botswana, so two neighboring countries with a lot of the same birds) are not the best foundation for huge numbers. Would have to sneak away to somewhere completely else. Tempting thought of course, but damn those wallet and holiday limitations!😁

16 hours ago, Peter Connan said:

And not even a single qualifying EBC?

Thanks Peter, but I really did quite well with them. 😃

12 hours ago, xelas said:

End of the year was definitively very productive for you. Book me for 3 nights this x-mas 

Anytime Alex! 

Edited by michael-ibk

11 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

wish! Typing from a hospital bed right now (nothing terribly serious, another infiltration). 

That’s not a good start of the year! I hope you’ll be better ( and home) soon!

As always it’s been a pleasure following your BY thread and, though the camera switch was not a smooth as you’d hoped, you’ve definitely come to terms with it, judging by the many beautiful photos you’ve shown us. 

Peter Connan

I hope you have a speedy and full recovery Michael!

Dave Williams

Another 600....and you make it seem som easy. Well done on another magnificent score.

Sorry to learn you are back in 'recovery'. Hope all goes well for you in 2024.

Tdgraves

Congratulations. Here’s to better health in 2024

michael-ibk

Thanks everybody! 

On 1/5/2024 at 10:35 AM, PeterHG said:

though the camera switch was not a smooth as you’d hoped, you’ve definitely come to terms with it, judging by the many beautiful photos you’ve shown us. 

I've come to terms with it Peter, and certainly appreciate the R7 advantages. But I confess I'm really not a friend of the EVF, much preferred my 7D in that regard. And while I've learnt to work around the BIF issues of the R7 it's of course better not to have a problem in the first place. 

BRACQUENE

I hope you recover very quickly Michael!