Surviving Paradise - Cold front moving through winter wonderland .......... Mobile Camping on the Gomoti ; Wild dog dens ; New experiences and lots lots more!!! - July 2023

madaboutcheetah

Alex The Lion
On 8/16/2023 at 5:39 AM, pault said:

Great, if complicated, posts @Alex The LionLoving this.

Wow, the doggy shots arguably got even better @madaboutcheetah Magical stuff.

This is a perfect team for a trip report - haven’t even had any @Alex The Lionwildlife shots yet and it’s perfect! 

Thanks @paultI find the planning part of the experience and helps me prepare photographically as to what conditions to expect.

I also trawl social media to get an idea of grass heights etc and then start thinking about focusing considerations and how to support the camera.

I have started using monitors attached via the flash shoe. I can then reverse the lens foot and hold the setup low off the platform if need be.

It does take a little getting used to in terms of finding your subject in the frame

Edited by Alex The Lion

Alex The Lion

Thanks @wilddog I have geeked out maps for other areas of the Delta too 🤣

Alex The Lion

A small update, unfortunately the graphics card on my workstation has packed in. As I'm away from next week, I'm afraid you will have to wait until September until I edit any images.

Edited by Alex The Lion

1 hour ago, Alex The Lion said:

Thanks @wilddog I have geeked out maps for other areas of the Delta too 🤣

I have found the changes around northern Botswana over the years fascinating. Things like is the Savuti channel flowing or which way is water going in the Selinda spillway. Water in Lake Ngami? It is just so interesting. Love to see some of your other maps in due course @Alex The Lion

• 5 months later...
Alex The Lion

So I am playing a little of catch up to add to @madaboutcheetah's great report. I found the photography a little tricky over these 10 days, all the colours have tended to blur into a golden brown. Though we did have some good sightings along the Gomoti and at Blackpools.

_DSC3574_DxO-1.jpg.0a9db4a8c717cd410b825a9ee66ca0f4.jpg

_DSC4071_DxO-1.jpg.594b8fb07b8c2271cfeb0297869450b9.jpg

_DSC8020_DxO-1.jpg.af9edf424e110f219fb9c060d1d0c152.jpg