Finalist in focus for survival 2023 (blatant self-promotion)

Tdgraves

My photo, which you’ll recognise from my Kenya trip report is a finalist in this years Focus for survival competition and will appear in their calendar. I hope you’ll forgive my indulgence, as I am very excited.

image.jpeg.af63cbb8d043231d9656324380071078.jpeg

https://explorersagainstextinction.co.uk/initiatives/focus-for-survival/focus-for-survival/focus-for-survival-2023-finalists/

image.png.c1e9addd05e2d3b0578c112da068d4f4.png

Edited by Tdgraves
Photo

Brilliant news and brilliant photo. Well done

Congratulations, and well-deserved, it's a fantastic image!

Congratulations. Its a wonderful image.

Thanks everyone. Just off to check in. My flight to Joburg was delayed by 12 hours which means no trip to Marievale with @Peter Connan :angry:

Congratulations, it is a great photo. Have a fantastic trip. 

Dave Williams

Well done, kudos to you! Shame about meeting up with Peter.

Thanks all. Just checked into an airport hotel in joburg, a novel experience for us. Arrived about 13 hours late. Shopping and into the Kruger tomorrow….

At least you got there in the end. Have  wonderful time.

@TdgravesI can see the article here - It shows your image really well (the others are also good)

Well done

Dave Williams

You have some tough competition but I can see you getting in to the top tier! Good luck.

6 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

You have some tough competition but I can see you getting in to the top tier! Good luck.

Thanks Dave. I really like the bear….

• 2 months later...

Just been to the private view. The judges top three were: the bear, the gorilla and the sunbird drinking from the dripping tap (which was the judge’s winner). People’s choice was the cheetah cub peeping out from its’ mother’s legs.  The calendars look nice though and there are lots of art works to bid on…

https://explorersagainstextinction.irostrum.com/auction/auction-lots/d3f635bd-b123-45b6-80e2-9da941b7018d/lotshttps://explorersagainstextinction.irostrum.com/auction/auction-lots/d3f635bd-b123-45b6-80e2-9da941b7018d/lots

i've only just seen this - still congrats on a beautiful shot, and congrats on making it to the finalist list!

Congratulations! Some lovely artwork in there too.