EMAS N.P. & THE SOUTHERN PANTANAL. BRAZIL. JULY-AUGUST 2023.

johnweir

Towlersonsafari

Ta for a very informative report and what lovely sightings of the Maned Wolf and anteaters @johnweir

Really great report and some impressive sightings. Thanks, also, for your candid comments and overall impressions. Very helpful and informative. 

FAZENDA SAN FRANSISCO, Additional information.

My friend in the USA mentioned above sent me an image of his Jaguarundi sighting. I would point out he regards this image as being "crap", but whilst it doesn't match his normal outstanding quality, it is nevertheless a very good record shot and an important image. I have never seen an image of a Jaguarundi taken at Fazenda San Francisco and I have read lots of trip reports featuring this location. I thank DM for allowing me to use his image which is copyrighted to him.

_TMA2654.jpeg.ab44fd8a285b228d61bc993e29835f64.jpeg 

Adult female JAGURUNDI. August 2023. The sighting did include a cub, which makes it extra special, although he was unable to get an image of both. I decided to publish the image as this species to my knowledge has not been featured on Safaritalk before.

FOR FELID LOVERS: I also have it on very good authority that a Margay and a Pantanal (Pampas) Cat have been recorded and photographed on the property in the last 12 months.

Fantastic photo! I did see a jaguarundi on my first trip to the northern pantanal but didn't get a photo.