KZN winter birding and mammals- July 2023

TonyQ

Dave Williams

Nice report Tony. I'm reading lots about poor service and cancelled flights to and from South Africa and not only by SAA. Have to say never had a problem but it's worth investigating airlines before booking.

@TonyQwe have also stayed at one on Hely, ages ago! The weather was awful so we never made it to the beach and instead drove up to Umfolozi!

I've enjoyed the TR, thank you for taking the time to write it up and to share with us! beautiful shots as always. self-driving in Africa is not really our thing but it's always so informative nd helpful to read other people's experiences. 

Thank you for following along @Zim Girl@Dave Williams@Tdgraves

thank you @KitsafariWe don't see ourselves as self drivers in traditional African safaris, but this was generally on good roads with good infrastructure (and driving on the left is helpful from our perspective:))

I somehow missed the end of this @TonyQ, thanks for sharing. The pangolin experience was particularly special, and a great initiative to support! 

Towlersonsafari

looks like e lovely trip @TonyQand very jealous of the Palm nut vulture!

On 10/22/2023 at 11:38 AM, Zubbie15 said:

@TonyQjust catching up on this report, a very interesting look at an area I don't know. I had to laugh about you needing to watch videos about driving an automatic though! 

I'm just now reading through this excellent report, and had the same chuckle... because it reminded me of a time some years ago when I rented a car with the new style of "key" which doesn't actually resemble a key at all. We sat there trying to figure it out for a very long time until I gave up and went to ask someone how to start it.

Really enjoyed this report Tony, thanks so much. It seems you had really nice weather throughout, and you made good use of it - many fantastic photos. Very cool you had such a great Pangolin experience. We're not into self-driving really but something like this would work for us as well I think.