A short trip down the Andes Eastern slopes from Quito to Yasuni. October 14th to November 3rd 2023

Galana

Glad you made it! Thank you for an excellent report 

A true adventure! You always find home … but not for a long time! Enjoy Tanzania.

No wonder you overslept after all that the day before. But you made it, that's all that matters. Thanks for a great report, really enjoyed it. 

Very enjoyable trip report.

What a palaver getting home.  But you know, it really makes you appreciate the times when everything goes to plan.

3 hours ago, Zim Girl said:

But you know, it really makes you appreciate the times when everything goes to plan.

True.  still stick to the maxim that "it is better to travel hopefully than to arrive" as I ring for another G&T.

One of the few remaining reasons I fly with KLM is their Genever.

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Williams

Quite an adventure that swung from five star efficiency to Mickey Mouse Travel! 

You survived unscathed and that's what matters, Elizabeth has put her daggers away on condition she gets a deserved sainthood!

Claire might not have been quite so forgiving!!

• 2 weeks later...

You made it home! all those bumps are giving me a scare.

• 5 weeks later...
kilopascal
On 12/4/2023 at 8:28 AM, Galana said:

Next trip is to an Island in an inland sea and the Papyrus swamps of the Mara. My third trip to Tanzania in less than a year.

Loved this trip report and cannot wait for this next one. I have considered something similar instead of flying from Kigali to Kilimanjaro.