Early Green Season in Drought stricken Northern Botswana; Tracking Wild Dogs and cheetah; Sting of the blister beetle; Thrilling Wild dog hunts ; A million laughs - yet another Kwando Safari !!!! December 2023

madaboutcheetah

mtanenbaum

Love the cheetah cubs! You were so lucky to find them...and in the green season too!

madaboutcheetah
1 hour ago, mtanenbaum said:

Love the cheetah cubs! You were so lucky to find them...and in the green season too!

@mtanenbaum- Thank You ..... Lucky, Yes ..... but, in a place like Kwando you also make your own luck !!!  I do put in relentless hours hard core tracking (upto 6 hours if needed) ........ Without which, something specific can't be guaranteed!! To me that's the draw of a Kwando safari!! the tracking .... Yes, it's tough and yes can be boring after a while ..... but, that's the only way!! 

Edited by madaboutcheetah

Peter Connan

Magnificent photography and sightings throughout!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

madaboutcheetah

You are much too kind! Thank You @Peter Connan

Atravelynn

Reflecting was a theme of this trip.  Those rare water sources were welcome in a drought.

7 hours ago, madaboutcheetah said:

@Zubbie15- Thanks a lot.

WIFI - They are rolling it shortly in all camps.  The pilot trials are ongoing in Kwara atm and it worked brilliantly when I was there ........  I'm told their plan is to roll it at all their camps before the upcoming High Season, so it will be there soon!! 

In-room only - so, if offends anyone .... they are welcome to stay off the grid. 

Cool, thanks Hari. In room is actually better, she's an MD and prefers not to deal with patient issues in the common areas where possible. I doubt I'll convince her until it's officially rolled out, but maybe I should start a where are you planning for 2026 thread. :D