Unlimited fun with Unlimited Tours on a Mobile Safari - 4Rivers at Kwando plus Vic Falls excitement - Green season January 2024

Hads

Posted (edited)

Late in the drive as it was getting dark and I did not get any photo's but we came across the males of the Xini pride, 5 of them , with 3 females.

We also saw 2 cubs in a tree branch but they took off quickly when we arrived on the seen.

My son managed a few i-phone photo's.

This tree branch was were the 2 cubs were before they took off in the long grass below.

The big male lion followed a few minutes later up on the branch.

What an awesome way to end the day  - how good is Africa :) .

Joster was never in any rush to get us back to camp, we enjoyed sitting with this pride as it was getting dark.

Mobile Day 5 AFTERNOON 2.jpeg

Mobile Day 5 AFTERNOON 3.jpeg

Mobile Day 5 AFTERNOON 4.jpeg

Mobile Day 5 AFTERNOON 5.jpeg

Mobile Day 5 AFTERNOON.jpeg

Edited by Hads

xelas
16 hours ago, Hads said:

@xelaswhere are you going in August? Self drive in Botswana?

Yes, invited to join a self driving 2 weeks camping trip by fellow STer Daniel:

Maun - 3rd bridge - Khwai - Savuti - Ihaha - Senyati -  Maun is our itinerary.

xelas

What a difference a sunny day makes! All the faces smiling ear to ear 😀.

That sounds like a fantastic Safari @xelas. What company are you hiring your 4x4 from?

xelas
9 hours ago, Hads said:

That sounds like a fantastic Safari @xelas. What company are you hiring your 4x4 from?

It certainly looks fantastic as planned. Daniel picked the best: Bushlore.

michael-ibk

What a wonderful safari @Hads! Botswana is so beautiful in the Green Season. Your kids are so lucky to experience such a great adventure. And how pleasing it must have been for you to see their excitement. Many wonderful sightings, Leopard, Hyena pup, that scarly male Lion. But most of all I love those rainbows - beautiful!

Atravelynn

Really nice group shot under the tree with darkening skies behind.   Good job on the leaping impala to complement your other many safari shots on this most successful family outing!

ElenaH

What a lovely trip report! Thank you for shaing!

Looks like there is a lion pride around Xini lagoon ;)

We will be driving to Third Bridge in Sepember. It will be different due to the weather but on the other hand predators are territorial so, they can be somwhere arounf Xini. And maybe with cubs! :wub:

On 4/22/2024 at 9:25 PM, Hads said:

Thanks to everyone for following along, my wife has mentioned I am putting too many photo's in the report, I am loving re-living the Safari and might be getting carried away.

Thanks @Peter Connanfor explaining the elephant tusk, Joster had explained when we were in Khwai that quite alot of Elephants had died of a disease, maybe the same happened to this one.

Yes @Africalover

On 4/22/2024 at 9:25 PM, Hads said:

Thanks to everyone for following along, my wife has mentioned I am putting too many photo's in the report, I am loving re-living the Safari and might be getting carried away.

I am new to SafariTalk so I don’t know the norms, but I am loving all of the photos and detail!