The wanderers return

Jan

Hi, All,

I'm just back from Botswana and had a really good time. One of the highlights was meeting Madaboutcheetah. We

were on the flight from Maun back to Jo'burg. What fun to meet Hari after reading all his comments and reports on

Safari Talk. He was waiting for me with his guide Spencer who had guided me last October on Hari's recommendation.

We had lots to talk about, on the flight, and waiting in Jo'burg to catch our respective flights. He's going to put in a

very good report, while mine will be less detailed.

It's one of the pleasures of Safari Talk to meet other Talkers. I like to think that we are firm friends now.

Jan

Game Warden

Excellent and welcome home: Jan it's great that you were able to meet another Safaritalk member, and it gives me great satisfaction that because of this site, friendships like this are initiated.

Welcome back Jan, look forward to your report.

Thankyou G.W. I just love this website, and the people are my kind of people. Friends listen to me going on about

safaris, but I try not to go on too much! But here everyone is likeminded , and want to hear others' views and

adventures. It's a club for addicts, and I'm so glad that you set it up.

Twaffle,

I will write a short report, but there's nothing like the action that you will hear from Hari.

Jan

madaboutcheetah

Hello Jan,

It was a pleasure meeting you and I had a great time.

Regards,

Hari

Thanks, Hari.

The end of a safari is a sad time, but meeting you was a bonus. Bye the way, my luggage didn't arrive at Heathrow

with me, but should be here by tomorrow. I hope yours made it through.

Jan

madaboutcheetah

Hi Jan,

yes. No problem with the luggage over here. But, got totally hassled with Bombay customs department who probably seem to be bitten by the recession and argued with me for over an hour to bribe them in order to avoid customs duty. They didn't believe me that the cameras were old and used and purchased in India. I have never had to take a certificate in the past.

Talk about a reality check - back to the real world......

Yes, very sad end to a lovely safari.

Totally enjoyed meeting you and was was a fun plane ride in the new and improved Air Botswana.

Regards,

Hari

Hari, have you read my comment in 'Khama travels in style?

Jan

madaboutcheetah

Yes, the President's private jet for us next time then? Spencer may be able to arrange it - he says, he's friends with the president.

:huh:

or better yet - maybe the President will give back the old Zib to the Zib faithful? ;)

Hari,

It's sad that officials pick on people for no good reason. You just don't need that sort of hassle at the end of a

day's travel. At least B.A. could track my bag and knew that it had not made the plane in spite of it being in Jo'burg

for at least three hours. I'm just glad it didn't happen on the way out. I always pack a change of clothes in my

hand baggage just in case.

Jan

Hari,

My friend Super also Knows Ian Khama well. We just might be able to swing it !

Jan

Yes, the President's private jet for us next time then? Spencer may be able to arrange it - he says, he's friends with the president.

:huh:

or better yet - maybe the President will give back the old Zib to the Zib faithful? ;)

Hari,

My friend Super also Knows Ian Khama well. We just might be able to swing it !

Jan

Keep dreaming guys! But if it works remember all your Safaritalk friends. :D

Welcome back Jan. All reports are welcomed, long or short. How nice you meet Hari.

madaboutcheetah

Jan,

It usually takes me only a few days to get back into "normal" home everyday mode when I return - but, this time I'm really out of sync.

I blame it on a really nasty on-going summer here right now. Still about 6 weeks of this - it was nice and cool in Bots not so long ago!

Hari,

I'm just writing a short report, but nothing like so exciting as yours. Will post it soon.

Jan