Delta under Water

Guest sniktawk

Guest sniktawk

Just a quick word about weather.

The Delta is inundated despite what you may hear from agents operators.

The floods are continuing and water levels are high, there is water less than 5km from the airport in Maun.

Take your wellies.

It rained in Maun on 3rd July!

Thanks Ken,

... and your thoughts on the gameviewing?

madaboutcheetah

Hello there Ken,

Indeed, what about the gameviewing this time?

Can't wait to hear the highlights?

The flood levels sound really high. Did you access the Tsum Tsum plains?

Very odd the rains ........ I read about heavy heavy rains in early June in Northern Botswana. Very odd, indeed!!!

Welcome back!!!

Cheers,

Hari

madaboutcheetah

Our posts, crossed ..........

any highlights from Lebala?

Sorry about LK and the floods ......... so, you didn't get to Tsum Tsum?

madaboutcheetah

Thanks, Ken. Ah yes, the two brother coalition...... they were extremely skittish when I saw them last October and good to hear that they are settled in now. Those are two big males from memory. Brutes!!!

Any news from next door? from the Selinda? see anyone?

Also, when you get a chance to catch up with the WS game reports - apparently, the 5 sub-adult males of the Selinda pride have left the pride. So, who knows perhaps they make their way up north to try to get the area?

The Okavango, not the airline.

Glad you had some good viewing. The weather seems to agree with the cheetah brothers. That's good. I'm sure you'll have some photos that incorporate the environment of the lush, flooded delta.

• 2 weeks later...
madaboutcheetah

Ken,

What's the story with the SAA flight from JNB to Maun? Not ever going to happen?

Incidently, i noticed a new Air Bots 3 X weekly service from JNB to Kasane on their web site. Can't remember if this route was already in existance, though.....