Rhino Safari Camp

Guest sniktawk

Guest sniktawk

If the pictures do not sell it then here is a brief resume.

We drove to the Lodge from Antelope Park (of which more later), this was a silly decision as it took the best part of 10 hours over what may best be described as a road the last 61 km took 3.5 hours. Most sensible people would go there by boat from Kariba.

The camp is my cup of tea entirely. Basis and rustic, entirely comfortable and easy to move around in.

Unfortunately the lake was at its highest levels for 25 years. This meant that game drives were somewhat limited but more than made up for with the evening boat trips. Hopefully the rain levels of this year will not occur again.

Food was wonderful (very crisp roast potatoes) plenty of fresh food including salad stuff and vegetables not just butternut (unlike other places).

Staff were great in particular Jenny (the owner), and there were actually other guests for 2 nights, unfortunately we only stayed for 5 nights.

After the long drive in we decided to got a charter plane to Hwange, a wonderful scenic flight with Craig from Classic African Safaris.

Go as soon as possible!!!

Photos can be found here.

http://sniktawkwild.zenfolio.com/p266222132

madaboutcheetah

Lovely, Ken. Amidst all your awesome Rhino viewing - I must say, I absolutely loved that picture of the pied KF along with the LBR sitting side by side on the branch. Awesome!!! and very unique........

and agree - another huge fan of veggies.........

Game Warden

What a fabulous set of photos Snik, thanks for the link. Scenery, birdlife, the rhinos. Great lighting, you captured the atmosphere fantastically.

Just lovely photos. Thankyou. It takes me back to the southern banks of Lake Kariba in 1997 when I last visited

Zimbabwe.

Jan

Nice pictures Ken! I would love to return to Hwange and if I do, I will go to Rhino Camp also. Looks great!