Early rains Botswana

madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

Hello all ....... quick update from JNB on my way home. I have a little while to go for my flight. Too zapped that I have 87 emails waiting to be read and another 50 on my yahoo email - but, here I am on safaritalk already ..........

I shall have a detailed report later - but, the rains in Botswana have begun. The end of September was just bizarre with literally no sun. This trip was more game viewing oriented - and not really too much for photography with some patchy exceptions. Oh! and the second wave of storms are here. With already heavy rains in Angola and more water pushing in.

Luck really did fall my way with very good wild dog viewing almost every day at both concessions (and I didn't even see the Lagoon pack). But, I suppose you create your own luck with a great guide/tracker and plenty of patience.

As I said, the trip was more wild dogs and not so much cheetah, although I saw them.

Elephant viewing only about 20% upto it's true potential. Buffalo viewing non-existant - apparently, they all went into the mopane after the initial wave of rains.

Those Boys of Lagoon Cheetah coalition are so unpredicatable!!! Full details to come.......

Current Dog status ....... Lagoon pack 11 adults, 8 pups

Southern Pack 1 (Terminator's pack) - 6 Adults and 8 pups (were 9 pups as of 2 days ago)

Southern pack 2 - 6 adults

Did fly over the mopane from Kwara to Lebala and did see the Elephant herds.

Full report shall follow.

Looking forward to all the details. Perhaps a name change to "madaboutdogstoo". :lol:

Wet dogs, eh?

Thanks for checking in Hari and hope you had a good time. Even a glimpse of a cheetah is good.