Kenya and Tanzania August 2009: Trip report and photos

Canadian Robin

Canadian Robin

Hello everyone!

It has taken me a while, but I have almost finished my trip report from a four-week self-drive through the Mara Triangle in Kenya and the Northern Circuit of Tanzania that my husband and I completed this past August (2009). It is still a work in progress, but it is almost complete - I just have to finish Tarangire and then add the return trip to Arusha and onwards to Nairobi. It was a fabulous trip and one that we hope to repeat in 2011. There are many photos accompanying the trip report - you may enlarge the photos by clicking on them.

Enjoy! Robin

http://bert-and-bin.smugmug.com/Travel/Ken...638901400_BHybf

Hi Robin, I'm so glad that it is almost finished. I have read up to your experience with poachers in Serengeti but had forgotten to re-visit your site. The reminder is timely. I think I photographed your tent at Ngare, well it certainly looks like the sofa you lounged on! :D

Your self drive adventures are an inspiration.

Canadian Robin

I have been following your Serian TR and enjoying your photos. I am looking forward to reading more - as others have said, you write so beautifully. I am afraid that if you are only at the poaching incident, you have a long way to go. Happy reading! Robin

Ngare was such a lovely spot - I long to return to that sofa! :D

Hi Robin, glad you self drove yourself over here. Hope to read more from you. Thanks for sharing your report. There is an enthusiastic group of self drivers on this forum to welcome you. Hope you feel at home.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Robin,

Thank you for the great report and fantastic pictures. We went to Tanzania in 2007 and will be heading to Kenya in three months. I'm counting the days until I leave and have been re-reading some trip reports to get more pumped-up about our trip. If I see half as many animals as you did I'll consider it a success!