Images of Ol Pejeta

Irish Elk

Spent a wonderfull 2 weeks on this 100,000 acre ranch working on an Earthwatch project concerning the conservation of Black Rhino's. To save myself many paragraphs and you lot from having to read them, I'm going to post a link that has all the relevant info about this place :http://www.olpejetaconservancy.org/

All I'll say is that its exciting times at Ol Pejeta with the sighting of a small wild dog pack for the first time in decades(which yours truelly nailed some pics of B), Rhino conseravation goes from strength to strength and an interesting first sighting of a Gerenuk on the ranch for the first time ever in recent weeks!!

So here comes the photos which I hope to fully load over the coming days

PS: Oh dear photos won't upload!! :angry: - hope to sort out this problem ASAP :unsure:

Oh dear photos won't upload!! - hope to sort out this problem ASAP

Have a look at my signature line if you need help. You might have seen our little Safaritalk the Rhino without knowing it :)

Sorry folks - please bare with me as I can't seem to simply copy and past from facebook - I'll just have to get my hands on the orginal camera chip which is currently with my fellow traveller. Hope to get this sorted ASAP :)

If you bring up the image on Facebook, then delete in the address line the word theatre, and reload, it gives you the old format from which you can then copy the image URL. Matt

I'm looking forward to seeing these when you get it sorted out. Yes, as long as you can copy the link to teh photo you should be able to post them here... but I know, if you're not used to it, looks very complex (not, but looks).

Seems Ol Pejeta is in the news here prior to visiting myself. Wild dogs sounds good - are they hanging around?

Ok folks until I get back the orginal camera chip from my buddy this is the best I can do :rolleyes:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10150284537931244.336003.595796243&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10150284292161244.335959.595796243&

Edited by Irish Elk

I'm looking forward to seeing these when you get it sorted out. Yes, as long as you can copy the link to teh photo you should be able to post them here... but I know, if you're not used to it, looks very complex (not, but looks).

Seems Ol Pejeta is in the news here prior to visiting myself. Wild dogs sounds good - are they hanging around?

Yes - in the photos I took of a group of 5 you will notice one has a collar. This female was part of research on the species being carried out near Samburu NP a few years ago, so this pack has travelled quiet a distance and there is much excitement about future breeding prospects as the group appear to have settled in well in terms of feeding, resting behaviour etc. :)

Edited by Irish Elk

Hi Irish Elk,

I very much look forward to seeing the clips of the wild dogs. My wife and I were at Ol Pejeta in June and we heard that we just missed seeing wild dogs by about an hour when we visited the chimp sanctuary. I was (and am) quite impressed with Ol P's conservation model. It is very well thought out and seems to truly be designed to benefit the local community. Also, as a HUGE fan of black rhinos I am quite envious that you spent so much time there!

Best regards,

PT123

I'm not seeing the photos from those links - guessing that I have to be your "friend" to do so?

• 4 weeks later...

Always wanted to know about the Earthwatch project at Lewa. That's great you went!