Road trip through Congo

Jochen

I've read the whole thing last night. Couldn't stop.

An epic journey, and often hair raising. The guy also stops every post with a serious cliffhanger, so you keep reading on. Best thing I've read since a looong time (even though it doesn't feature any wildlife).

Anyone else read it?

Anyone else read it?

Read the beginning, will read the whole lot ...

The guy and Josephine must be quite special persons - smart, crazy, tough and more ...

Some insights in the societies and the war are interesting and chocking,

Yes have read first few pages, will get back to rest later.

It's not style of travel I would enjoy in any way shape or form but am really really enjoying reading their report!

I'm in the process. Good so far, and thanks for introducing me to a new website.

This post reminded me of some other books that I haven't (yet) read that you might be interested in:

Published in 2008, a trip re-tracing Stanley's trip in which he mapped the Congo River - Blood River

Published in 2001, also retraces Stanley's trip down the Congo - Facing the Congo

Published in 1998, another expedition into Congo that's "destined to become a landmark work of travel, adventure and natural history." - No Mercy

Published in 2010, a journey from Lake Victoria to the Mediterranean Sea via the Nile River on a "plank-board boat" - The Black Nile

Blood River, an excellent read, I think I've written something about it here on ST.

Anyone else read it?

I have also read the first few pages... very interesting... and very mad :unsure:

I will read the rest when I get the chance... did I mention mad?

Edited by ZaminOz

Blood River, an excellent read, I think I've written something about it here on ST.

Blood river; read that as well. Very good read indeed! But that trip seemed less dangerous for me; one part on a motorcycle, scooting past sleeping policemen before they can ask for a bribe, and a huge part on the river (where travel is easier, and you are safer than if you would need to pass every small town via road).

What these two did is way more crazy. They should write a book about their travels!

Books are so yesterday...

LOL

Well, I still read about 2 per week. And almost all nature- , Africa- or safari-related. I switched to counting books & magazines in meters. I'm above 5m now...

:P

I spent several hours that evening reading the rest of their report... wish they had a way of keeping the comments from other members in a separate stream to the report, there were sometimes several pages with no new trip report posts, just boring rambling from other readers!!! :lol:

Did anyone find links to reports from same couple on the other segments of their trip? Both in Africa and the rest of the world? I'd love to read more...

What these two did is way more crazy. They should write a book about their travels!

They should

Lol. I could see them making this into a movie, although they might ruin the story.

Thanks for posting, Jochen. Took a few days to finish.

That was something else.