Bandhavgarh pictures

Paul T

The following images were taken during my visit to India and Bandhavgarh end Dec 2008/early Jan 2009.

Tiger1.jpg

Tiger19.jpg

Tiger5.jpg

And these were taken on 1st Jan 2009 ...... a great way to start to a New Year!

Tiger10.jpg

Tiger12.jpg

Tiger13.jpg

Tiger14.jpg

A favoured tree for territory marking and clawing :

Treemark2.jpg

Edited by Paul T

Nice Any idea on the identity of these tigers?

Not sure about the females in the first batch of images, the 2nd and 3rd pictures are the same tigress.

The other pictures are of B2 Sundar. Sadly, he died in November last year from serious injuries he received in a fight - a fight believed to have been with one of his sons referred to as Shashi or the Bamera male. If true, this male appeared one day in the park, nobody had ever seen him before, and almost straight away he started to dominate and had been seen fighting a tigress . According to those who have seen him, he is a big powerful tiger, more so than B2 was. I've seen photos of him and he is a stunning looking tiger who looks set to dominate for quite some time.

Edited by Paul T

Not sure about the females in the first batch of images, the 2nd and 3rd pictures are the same tigress.

The other pictures are of B2 Sundar. Sadly, he died in November last year from serious injuries he received in a fight - a fight believed to have been with one of his sons referred to as Shashi or the Bamera male. If true, this male appeared one day in the park, nobody had ever seen him before, and almost straight away he started to dominate and had been seen fighting a tigress . According to those who have seen him, he is a big powerful tiger, more so than B2 was. I've seen photos of him and he is a stunning looking tiger who looks set to dominate for quite some time.

I first met B2 back in 2003- 4? shortly after the death of Charger, I have video of him with a female & cubs deep in the forest....... That is if it's the same B2 ??

Thanks for some great tiger photos, Paul T.

I'll second that Excellent photo's & thank you for posting.

Unlike Lions you never forget your first wild Tiger sighting.

Nappa, B2 lived for 14 years so your footage is likely to be of him in his youth. And yes I agree with you about never forgetting your first wild tiger sighting.

Nappa and Atravelynn ... thank you for the kind comments about the photos.

madaboutcheetah

Thanks a lot, Paul T ........

Were these taken from vehicle or elephant? I'm assuming not on foot.:o

The news of B2's death saddens me. :( I saw him on our first drive in 2007. He was a stunning tiger. If his successor is larger and more impressive than him he must be something to see! I hope I get to see him next year.. :D

Were these taken from vehicle or elephant? I'm assuming not on foot.:o

The first picture was taken from an elephant, which was fun; the others were all taken from a jeep.

The news of B2's death saddens me. :( I saw him on our first drive in 2007. He was a stunning tiger. If his successor is larger and more impressive than him he must be something to see! I hope I get to see him next year.. :D

I did some searching on the net and found more info about B2's death including a video on YouTube of the authorities recovering his body and cremating it. It was quite a sad thing to see. I won't post a link to Youtube but it can be found doing a search.

• 3 years later...
Tom Kellie

post-49296-0-20437000-1431260535_thumb.jpg

~ @@Paul T:

This tiger portrait is powerful, giving the sense of proximity.

I love how the ferns on the right and grasses on the left touch the tiger.

The sharply etched white whiskers, the dark irises of its eyes, and the excellent coposition make this a highly memorable image.

Thank you very much for sharing it on Safaritalk.

Tom K.

Wow! Thank you Tom for your kind comments, they are very much appreciated.

Tom Kellie

Wow! Thank you Tom for your kind comments, they are very much appreciated.

~ @@Paul T:

Your tiger's direct face-on gaze ios the most haunting image I've seen in quite some time.

It seems to be looking through the lens glass directly at the beating heart of the viewer.

SUPERB photography!

Tom K.