Botswana was our first

Uh_oh busted

At least I knew well enough not to call it "the trip of a lifetime" because we like travel and knew that there would be many more trips to come. I'm posting, as my report, a slideshow I created that shows the beautiful landscape and of course wildlife we were able to see.

We stayed at three camps, Sandibe, where we were guided by a very knowledgeable, professional and personable man named Boyce. He set a high standard for any other guide we'll ever meet again. Our second camp was Savute, where tall and humorous Eddie was our guide. The final camp was Nxabega (which, along with Sandibe, is an &Beyond property) where our guide Rams excelled in describing the differences in trees and grasses in the Delta. We loved the camp life, particularly the tented Nxabega (although our best animal sightings were at our first stop, and the Savute lions were totally amazing). I'm VERY glad we got a chance to see Botswana in 2004 -- as when we looked to return, it has soared out of our pocketbook :blink: and I know I'll be skulking around here often until we leave for Zimbabwe in October!

YouTube has cleared my video to be shared - I was a tad concerned that the background music would cause a problem - but for anyone interested, the music is Senor Blue by Horace Silver.

Edited by Uh_oh busted

Another reason I'm anxious for this Fall, is that we both have better cameras. Some of those close-ups were shot on APS film (remember that?) and scanned to digital back in '05. The rest on my first Canon Supershot, which had only a minimal zoom.

Hope you have a great time taking the new cameras out for a spin.

The wounded lions were at Savute. I don't expect that a lioness would survive long with only one good eye, But it was a very large pride. Would she be able to keep up?

Well done Busted. Very enjoyable. What program did you use? Patsy

Hi Busted

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Using a youtube clip to piece together photos is a good idea, might look into that if my turn ever comes around.

That lioness! Reminds me of a scene from The Terminator B)

P.S. May I ask what's behind the name? Sounds like you were caught out somewhere along the line.

I loved the photo show, and the music. Well done.

Very nice and I think the mokoro bits were my fave. x

Lovely!

I spent a month at Savute in 2010. I heard a few stories about the days of the massive lion pride (30+) that used to hunt elephants- I guess you were there about that time. Apparently they used to cause all sorts of headaches (for the staff) by lounging around the camp and coming to drink from the pool at night.

• 3 weeks later...
Uh_oh busted

Thanks for the kind words... The name I've used on another forum for many years, when it began they wanted you to sign in with your email address, but most everyone just made one up to keep their true address private. I came up with " Uh_ohBusted@work" (and while I did use the web at work once in a while, I fortunately was never actually busted for it.) Eventually they changed the forum to allow people to use either their real names or a pseudoname, but as I'd been traveling and posting with it for so long, I kept it.

I've known several lionesses with blind or almost blind eye's and one male leopard and a leopard cub with and eye missing. All of them have been doing well of the past few years, even the cub grew up well and is living on his own now.

Uh_oh busted

I've known several lionesses with blind or almost blind eye's and one male leopard and a leopard cub with and eye missing. All of them have been doing well of the past few years, even the cub grew up well and is living on his own now.

That is nice to hear...I always wondered what life was ahead for that big cat. Of course it isn't like they can stroll into a hospital emergency clinic to get the wound cleaned or treated to fight off infection.