Anybody been to India recently?

Game Warden

Game Warden

Specifically, Brians Art for Animals or Atravelynn? ;)

kittykat23uk

Sangeeta has been recently too..

Returned yesterday. Excellent trip! Brian's Art for Animals should be checking in eventually with some great video footage.

Besides the astounding diversity of wildlife I met a guy who owns a gas station a few miles from my home. He also owned Black Buck Lodge, where I stayed. Quite the coincidence! Small world! And, Game Warden, I ran into another movie star. It was a Southern Indian star whose name I don't know and whose more famous brother's name is somewhere in my notes, still packed away. This movie star was staying at Rann Riders in Little Rann of Kutch. He was dressed as a policeman, the character he was playing. Guess it was an action movie. I wonder if the wild asses made an appearance in the movie as well.

Edited by Atravelynn

kittykat23uk

Hi Lynn, those are two lodges I'm planning to stay at too. :D Looking forward to reading your TR.

It was a Southern Indian star whose name I don't know and whose more famous brother's name is somewhere in my notes, still packed away. This movie star was staying at Rann Riders in Little Rann of Kutch. He was dressed as a policeman, the character he was playing. Guess it was an action movie. I wonder if the wild asses made an appearance in the movie as well.

Well, if you know how the Southern Indian movie stars roll - they can belittle Neo, have the Terminator for breakfast, and kill three men with one bullet :lol::lol:

Besides that, welcome back! ;)

Can't wait to hear your stories!

Super LEEDS

Welcome back, Atravelynn!! Hope all your trip reporting powers are back safe and sound :D

Brian's Art for Animals

Ha ha.. Game Warden knows all. Safaritalk people make the best travel companions. Atravelynn and I had the same motives..to be up and out early and spend as much time we could in the park. I was there from March 12-21 and got some decent tiger footage from Bandavgargh where I did 9 drives in 5 days. Lynn will have an awesiome report as always and her travels took her to Gir as well. For me the first time was indeed a charm with seeing the beautiful Taj Mahal, tigers, and general layout of Delhi and Agra. It was upsetting to see the large amounts of people and the poverty levels. It was nice to see the people who lived near the parks having a slightly better lifestyle due to the money brought in from the people wanting to see those beautiful tigers.

My video reports will start in 2-3 weeks as soon as I finish off my last episode of Safari Yellowstone.

They of course will become huge Safari Talk hits ..ha ha.

Anyone wanting to go to India I would for sure suggest using Wild World India for your travel plans. I might go back in 2-3 years who knows (I do miss Africa so much) and would probably stay at slightly lesser places, but it was nice to splurge for my first trip.

And for general safari comparisions I would say Africa is much easier in many departments, but for those that want to go on a tiger quest and not a general wildlife photo op, then of course you have to go to India. I also liked seeing the endangered ghariyal and mugger crocs at Chambal, and the good work they do at Wildlife SOS sloth Bear Rescue. Oh and the food was awesome!!!! (Just the air India flight could have been a little better, but really all I ask for in a flight is to go up and then down and not crash)

I recognize that face! Good overview of the trip, Brian!

Game Warden

Don't think that passes as a trip report Brian, I expect a fresh topic from each of you...

madaboutcheetah

Hari has! :lol:

Haha

• 2 weeks later...

Kttykat, I thought Blackbuck Lodge was outstanding. Very lovely, high quality and Mr. Booboo is the star of the place. He is a blue buck whose mother was killed when he was little and he hangs around the lodge and likes to lick the guests, under supervision. I am wondering what will happen when he gets older and becomes interested in girl blue bucks. All cottages were in a good location but I thought #5 gave the best view of the black buck herd that liked to visit each day. I was in #5. There were a couple of wild cats around the pond in front of the restaurant. It looked like they were going to make the area home, which would be great for guests. On pricing, my guide said that Black Buck Lodge was only about $80 US dollars more per night than the very basic facilities just inside the park, $79 more if you took tea. I would have thought the difference would be hundreds. Great location, 5 minutes from park entrance and right next to a buffer zone with lots of animals.

Rann Riders was lovely too. It had an Arabian feel to the decor and I loved the peacock that spent afternoons in the open air lounge. Everybody raved about the wonderful quality of their horses. I asked if the purpose was to ride the horses to see the wild asses. The answer was no so I didn't do any horse riding. I couldn't see an advantage of any particular cabin. In March, it was about 45 minutes to get to the part of the Rann where the wild asses or other wildlife is.

Good food both places, buffet style. Both places added to the enjoyment of the region. Good choices!

• 2 weeks later...
kittykat23uk

Thanks Lynn! Very useful to know. :)

Brian's Art for Animals

i swear i am working on my first video of about 10 i will have for safari india..

• 4 weeks later...
Atravelynn

i swear i am working on my first video of about 10 i will have for safari india..

I just swear. And not work.

Good job on the first 2 Brian! Actually I have made some progress on my report.

Game Warden
I have made some progress on my report

We look forward to reading it ;)