Bandhavgarh

anurag sharma

anurag sharma
Bandhavgarh - An account of my first trip to Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve located in Central India. Spent 10 days in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, saw 12 different tigers including two families with three cubs each. Got lucky to get first photo document of a tigress from lesser known area of park...overall a satisfying trip. Can read more about this trip on my blog by clicking the link. Edited by anurag sharma

Atravelynn

Great photos. I liked your VIP death list. We saw some of the same families. I was there March 15-18 for 4 nts.

Both of you were lucky, lucky with your sightings.

You are bang on with your golden rule for Indian parks. While the same applies broadly everywhere, especially true for India.

Some beautiful photographs! Thanks.

Atravelynn

I ran into some of the only VIP stuff. Our naturalist nearly got into a fistfight over it and insisted we too were VIPs. It worked. Last year right after the Cricket World Cup there were lots of VIPs roaming around wanting to visit parks and I was kicked out of a room I had booked about a year in advance. Thank goodness the laundry room was available or I would have had to leave the Dhikala section of Corbett.

Ten nights is a wonderful, lengthy stay. Were you timing it for the possibility of seeing some of the cubs or was it just more good luck, Anurag Sharma?

anurag sharma

I ran into some of the only VIP stuff. Our naturalist nearly got into a fistfight over it and insisted we too were VIPs. It worked. Last year right after the Cricket World Cup there were lots of VIPs roaming around wanting to visit parks and I was kicked out of a room I had booked about a year in advance. Thank goodness the laundry room was available or I would have had to leave the Dhikala section of Corbett.

Ten nights is a wonderful, lengthy stay. Were you timing it for the possibility of seeing some of the cubs or was it just more good luck, Anurag Sharma?

Corbett esp Dhikala Section is actually a complete VIP area where tourists are occasionally allowed subject to VIP's being busydry.gif. Had planned for 10 nights as I had heard about tiger movement in lesser traveled areas of park & wanted to explore them. For this some additional homework like study of pugmarks, waterholes etc was required therefore we took extra time in hand & off course had decided not to leave Bandhavgarh without getting the desired picture, which thankfully did happen in last safari.

Atravelynn

You had to wait for the last safari--so you had some suspense! We sometimes comment that Africa delivers, but it does so on Africa time. Same for India I guess.

So that helps explain last year's stay in the laundry room. It was quite spacious with enough toilet paper to last a lifetime. I was there only one night.

anurag sharma

You had to wait for the last safari--so you had some suspense! We sometimes comment that Africa delivers, but it does so on Africa time. Same for India I guess.

So that helps explain last year's stay in the laundry room. It was quite spacious with enough toilet paper to last a lifetime. I was there only one night.

Cannot agree more with you, two of my life's best sightings & some of the best pictures are courtesy last few minutes of last safari....