Live Blogging From The Sabi Sands - June 2012

safariguy

Hey everybody. I recently returned from 19 nights out on safari in the Sabi Sands of South Africa, and I split my time between two different locations over that period of time. I was at Mala Mala Main Camp for 3 nights and then Singita Castleton Camp for the remaining 16 nights.

I did update my blog on a daily basis with a few photographs and text, but these updates were by no means complete in what we saw. The updates were just to give a sense of what goes on each day. I had *very* little time to write or to look at photographs, so please don't spend time commenting about the quality of the images!

Here goes:

Mala Mala - Day 1

Mala Mala - Day 2

Mala Mala - Day 3

Mala Mala / Singita Sabi Sand - Day 4

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 5

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 6

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 7

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 8

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 9

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 10

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 11

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 12

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 13

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 14

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 15

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 16

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 17

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 18

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 19

Singita Sabi Sand - Day 20

Edited by safariguy

Thanks for those links Andy, look forward to reading them over a coffee later.

Good so far.... and getting better. I'm nosy and had only a vague idea of what you guys get up to, so I like this.

I followed this via Facebook; great reads, Andy!

Day 1 starts with a bang with the leopard cub!

enjoyed the reports via your blog.....and enjoy your bags as well..now have two headed to East Africa in a month or so....

So I randomly click on another date, Day 9 and what do I get? MORE leopard cubs. What a safari!

Andy, on day 14 in the pic of "all geared up" it looks like there is a bean bag that is firmly clamped to the roll bar. What can you tell me about that device? Thanks, Patsy

It's just a device that I have available for my travelers for them to stabilize their gear with. It isn't commercially available, but Singita does have them if you visit their property.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much, Andy! I just love your leopards!!! I am just back from a 21 day safari and have not yet put my memory cards in my computer to see my big cat shots up close and magnified. I am afraid I'll disappointed.

Mel