Botswana and Namibia Trip Report June 2012

penolva

Thanks Pen, for that Blurb book. Loved the pic!

Dying to get to Namibia now. 60 days to go...

Here is one for you Jochen to help with the countdown to your trip. Pen

• 4 weeks later...

What strange thing? When is Safaritalk not strange?

It must be my iPad doing strange things again. All this technology beats me. I never could post my pics here properly! I love REM. Pen

Ha Ha!! I thought it was what a lion says at night "I pad around until I get an Impala".

• 3 months later...

Hi all, Happy New Year. I finally made our book of the Botswana trip which includes many of the photographs I was unable to post with my trip report. Not trying to sell it of course!! but thought the 'story' might be of interest. Pen

http://www.blurb.co.uk/bookstore/detail/3904767

Great Book! I like to make them for each trip...

Loved seeing the different Kwando camps. Sure wish I had seen those cheetah at LK - looks amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

Might do another book myself with my 1,000 snaps!

They always look so good in print!

• 10 months later...

I am going to blow my own trumpet here :) I won the 'New Life" section of the Kwando photographic competition with these beautiful lion cubs. Taken with my Panasonic camcorder on photo mode. We were at Lebala camp at the time.

post-17162-0-22534100-1385645440_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

@gamewarden the Namibian part is not in the Namibian section as I didn't split the two, shall I repost the book? Pen

I am going to blow my own trumpet here :) I won the 'New Life" section of the Kwando photographic competition with these beautiful lion cubs. Taken with my Panasonic camcorder on photo mode. We were at Lebala camp at the time.

only just saw this - a very late Congrats! such an adorable pair of cubs.

Epic, well done! I was following the uploads that day.

Did you get the reward? And are you entering again this year?...

Yes I got the reward! Did self drive the year after so don't qualify again. Did enjoy the moment though and hubby was quite proud if a little jealous. Pen

That's awesome, nice one!
I myself entered this year...can't wait until September to find out!
(Though if Mad About Cheetah entered too I probably should have just saved the postage money...)

Good luck, Hari doesn't always win!

• 3 weeks later...

Some of my questions I asked on the thread with your book link have been answered here. Great meerkat video and how did you choose the R.E.M. song? It's perfect! Looks like the meerkats live right at Bagatelle and you just walk to them.

I re-read the freezing in the morning comment. That's what I thought.

I love REM! The Meercats come out as It warms up so just take a chair and early morning cuppa an enjoy the free show. Just at the back of the pool/ restaurant area. It was cold but they have heaters in the rooms, at least the previous owners did. Fleece and light layers will do it in June. It was hot in the day. At Anderson's Etosha it was truly cold even for us! Pen