Back home after my first safari

gangurru

Just arrived home from my son's wedding in New York, my very first safari, to Kenya, and a couple of days in Istanbul. Had a marvellous time in Kenya, and am looking forward to returning next year. Right now I am exhausted from the long flight, and suffering from jetlag, so my report will follow shortly.

I really thought that this trip to Kenya would be a once in a lifetime thing, but having fallen in love with the country and its people, I can forsee many visits in the future, especially to Samburu, a wonderful place which I found very hard to leave.

Thanks to everyone here for helping me to make this trip so special.

Gangurru

p.s. my new pic is of Kithaka, the baby elephant I adopted at the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage. He wandered into a village near Meru last October, when he was a week old, after his mother was killed.

Super LEEDS

I would say something insensitive like "welcome back" but having just returned myself from Kenya, I'll share your want to rush back :)

He is so small, I hope he does well. Pen :)

Hello Gangurru. Glad to hear you had a good time and look forward to hearing all about it when you are recovered..... especially about Samburu.

Welcome back. Hate to say "we told you so", but how could anyone resist the lures of safariland, whether Kenya, Botswana or any other place. Glad that you will be planning another trip.

samburumags

I hope you are feeling recovered. Cant wait to hear news of samburu, go glad you had a wonderful time, but of course, not surprised! We should see a picture of the wedding as well of course. How is your Swahili? it will improve by your next visit, maybe we can meet in Samburu next year