First Safari - and first trip report too!

AxsMan

We do like new members who have a sense of humour....... :D

I very much enjoyed your report and the pictures are great. The vulture over the wildebeest is my favorite. We were in the Mara in September of 2010 and loved every minute. Thank you for taking the time to share with us. it brings back great memories.

Lovely report, lovely trip.

penolva - Thanks :)

In fact we have six. Three 'rescue' cat moggies of various ages, and three 15-month old Maine Coons. You've 'met' Walter. but here he is again:

6927362668_739dbcdaf7_c.jpg

Here's his sister 'Hattie'

7407635656_a5245fbcbf_c.jpg

and his other sister 'Winnie'

7194723572_cf882c65aa_c.jpg

They are lots of fun :)

wow they are beautiful. You prompted me to post a video of my British Shorthair at the end of my TR. Take a look. Cats are the best whatever continent! Pen

marcianluanda

What a fun and entertaining report! I'm always jealous of those who have a penchant for creative writing! I've just returned from our 9 night safari to the Mara and need to get started on my trip report, but I know I will have a hard time following yours! :D Enjoyed your photos too!

What a terrific splash you've made with your maiden voyage, AxsMan! Welcome to ST and thank you for a wonderfully written TR that is brimming over with enthusiasm and humor. If this is what you managed with 5 days notice, I can't imagine what you'll organize with 5 months to plan :) Great TR and lovely photos too.

Enchanting trip report. Brings back the joy of my first safari. My heart nearly stopped with the first giraffe and it was love from there on.

My brother is a Maine-Coon parent, too. "Max" is the most amazing cat I have ever met. He will leap 5 or more feet into the air to bat a ball back to my brother. So intellegent.

Cheers.

'Red

africapurohit

Thank you for the thoroughly enjoyable report and photos.

Wow! Thanks all for the positive comments and friendly welcome! Looking forward to my next Safari already - booked for 3 nights at the Shamwari in December, can't wait! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Great report of a first trip! Nice work with the camera too, both in the vehicle and on foot. I thought the name Riz looked familiar. Now I know why. He's a member.

You had some outstanding sightings. Maybe a little beginners luck slipped in like that picture of Walter.

Your spontaneous trip plan turned out to be terrific. You have your rain soaked garden to thank.