My Chobe camping trip

A&M

Just returned from an amazing self drive camping trip to Chobe.There were 6 of us and we had to take all our own food,water,etc as there is nothing at the camp site.

Had some amazing guests from Belgium ,who fitted right into Africa at its roughest and dryest.They all chipped in with the various chores,so made my life a lot easier.

Game viewing was a bit of a let down,as Chobe is know for letting the game rather come to you,than driving around for hours trying to find something,as we were far from the waterfront we had to find a waterhole to sit at ,we where lucky to find a small waterhole near Poha gate that entertained us for a few hours .As an elephant lover this was up my ally,we saw at least 80 or 90 eleies during our stay there,lots of giraffe,kudu,sable,2 hyena as we got there.

The stange thing was all the elephant were bulls,no cows or calves,only one young bull of about 2 or 3 pitched up,drank his fill and dissapeared again,most of the bigger bulls stayed for about an hour or so and moved along to make room for the next wave of elephant coming out of no where,they just appeared like ghosts,from all directions at regular intervals.

See few photos of our primitive camp and the waterhole.

Sorry, photos are too big,not sure how to crop them.

All bulls, how odd. I would suspect a good bit of pushing, shoving, jostling by that many males all together.

Stange looking character on the left in that last photo.

Stange looking character on the left in that last photo.

GW ,give you one guess who ??? :lol:

Yeah, I picked that animal as well! Sounds like fun.

Not funny guys.

Note to self; get out of that bring IT job asap, get off your ass, and lose some weight.

Found the time to process some pics. Enjoy!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Ugly people become photographers because then they can hide behind the lense. Didn't you know?

Aaah, so that was the red-eye flight! It all looks wonderfully authentically bush. Any more details forthcoming? Would love to hear more.

Sorry, not yet Sangeeta.

This might be something, but it might also be nothing.

So much work to do to get this thing rolling...

This might be something, but it might also be nothing.

Well, here's hoping it turns out to be a very good something. All the best, Jochen.

All bulls, how odd. I would suspect a good bit of pushing, shoving, jostling by that many males all together.

I see only three bulls, although a fourth may have been taking the picture. I imagine there might have been a bit of jostling for rights to "play dad" grill the boerwors, though.

Nicely observed waterhole action, Jochen. Love both bird shots and the first shot smells good!