Brian's Art for Animals

Brian's Art for Animals

I thought I started this already..but I guess not. Below are the first videos of Safari Alaska..when you get caught up, then I shall take you into Denali National Park where the bears are :)

The first video takes a look at all the wildlife they help at the Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center..part zoo (the ones that can't be returned) and also part rehab. They have a very interesting Bison program that will soon see these animals released, which as we know often programs say they are intending to release animals but it is all talk, where this one seems to be on the up and up, and most likely easier to do since they are bison and not predators.

In Seward, we stayed at "The Farm" a very nice B and B just minutes out of town and we did the 8 hour Whale Watching tour through Kenai Fjords Tours which was excellent. All food in Alaska is $$$ (most has to be brought in as well as all prices up there are expensive to the lower 48, but the Whale Watching cruise/dinner was a good price and well worth it.

and more Humpback whale action...

And then the wife and I just walk around Exit Glacier and drive to Denali..(hence the low views for this video..)

If this series doesn't get good views my wife will be fired as really I never needed a co-host anyway :)

* all filmed in Aug 2012 in very good warm weather for Alaska.

Edited by Brian's Art for Animals

Oh this will be of interest to MadaboutCheetah who has asked about Alaska in this topic here.

Great video report, I'm interested in all the ways of seeing Alaskan wildlife (boat, car, walking) and the animal refuge is a good starting point for first time visitors. Loved the bears playing in the water and the laid back otter.

Do you have more footage on Denali to post?

I really enjoyed watching your Alaska safari and have bookmarked for my possible 2015 Alaska trip.

Regards,

Pol

Brian's Art for Animals

The last video left off at our arrival at Denali and we stayed there for 3 days, so the next few videos will feature the wildlife and activities of Denali, and I should have the next video up around the 20th, 21st ish.

I had to start with the video where your wife's videographer career hangs in the balance. Nice whales. The coastal trail, which you show near the end, has to be one of the few bargains in pricey Alaska, even if you rent bikes to ride along it. I just got off of YouTube where I viewed the video made by the eldery woman with the cane. SHE did the 8-mile Exit Glacier Trek. Rassled a black bear at one point. ;)

The views of Denali are exceptional. I forget the # of days it is visible per year. But you beat the odds on that one!

Edited by Atravelynn

Video #2

You need to make a correction in your narrative. “The otter is the largest member of the weasel family.” That’s not right. I’ve known some much bigger weasels. <_< Nice shots of some adorable creatures.

Orcas! Hey hey! Could it be a “cultural” difference in the behavior of whales with some being residents and others more nomadic? Interesting that the two groups don’t interact or interbreed. Your video footage captured the calving glaciers very well.

For years my desktop background has been a pair of Resurrection Bay orcas.

Video #3

Very lucky with the mountain goats. I believe it was missions accomplished. You got the whale tail, and an attractive one at that. And seasickness was kept at bay.

Brian's Art for Animals

This video will hopefully give those that are wondering about the Public Green Buses of Denali Park Road a good look at them. On this trip we only took them to mile 59-Toklat and back. I think that is about 1/2 way up the road or so. Not many people drove the fist 15 miles, so we had that section to ourselves with decent Moose and Caribou sighting. I think most come to the park via train or big tour bus, so that is why that section of the road isn't crowded.

Terrific, as always, Brian. Couldn't it be moved to the other thread for more views? Loved the semi-breaching finbacks and crab-eating otter on its back! Great views of Denali too. Another great video report, and so soon after India too!

Just getting to these videos and really enjoying them. Thanks Brian.

Brian's Art for Animals

Glad you like them..i should have 1-2 more before the end of the year.

• 3 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

• 4 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

On this day my fears of going on that scary drive towards the edge of the cliff got to me so I deicded to search for the impossible (Lynx) since a few sightings were reported on a small stretch of road. My Wife (who I gave a co-starring role in this video..nice me eh) had wonderful views of the female grizzly and her two cubs. Live and learn I guess. Only 2-3 more vids and this series is done....

Edited by Brian's Art for Animals

Nice Dall Sheep, even though you risked your life for that shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an urge for almonds and I admire your quest for linx. Good job with the caribou.