Slideshow of pictures from Ranthambhore

dickysingh

An excellent slideshow but a bit fast on my iPad.

Really gives a lovely feel for what the park has to offer, along with some wonderful tigers. Love the fighting tigers.

This is odd - I can't see it, it says this video has content from EMI which has blocked it in your country - the U.S.

I get the same message as SafariChick - video blocked in the US.

Aditya, one of the best things I saw on my trip to your place was in fact outside the park. We were driving towards the park when we saw a line of nilgai 'queuing up' behind one another to jump over the wall and get back inside the park. They had obviously sneaked outside the park at night to have a go at the fields. They were doing it in a very disciplined manner, just like a queue of professional high jumpers. I did not (and do not) have the camera equipment & skills to take any pictures of that behavior in the pre-dawn light, but I think of it often. Salim told me that it was a regular event for the nilgai and that they had picked out their favorite spot to do this and used the same area all the time.

Should you happen to be going past one that piece of the wall one of these days, would you take a video of the jumping nilgai and post it here? Would dearly love to see that again.

Edited by Sangeeta

Sangeeta - I will do that. The video is blocked in the US because of the music. I made the slide show on iPhoto and all I had to do was select the images and the software did the rest for (technically challenged) me.