twaffle

Echoing everybody else...if this is garbage, I'll gladly take more. :)

I am sometimes self-conscious about sharing my own experiences (something which, in contrast, never happens to me when sharing fiction in college or things along those lines). But this was a thread to be proud of.

Thank you Marks for your kind words.

• 2 years later...

I know this trip report was finished a while ago, but I just wanted to say how entertaining, inspiring, and non-pretentious I found it. And the photography! Wow! The tsunami wave-cloud! The wildebeest in a perfect parabola! The two wildebeest jumping in symmetry! The lions on kopji! Just amazing!

This remains a very helpful and, again, inspirational resource.

@@hannahcat, thanks for bumping this "report", which really is a far too clinical word for it. Seems I'd missed it before. @@twaffle, nothing pretentious there, your experiences, your way.....for me, a lovely way to pass a couple of hours whilst I contemplate my next Hot Cross Bun.

Quite a surprise to see this thread resurface. Thanks Hannahcat and elefromoz for finding it after all this time and glad you enjoyed it.

• 3 months later...

I am planning a trip to northern Tanzania next August with friends and have read this wonderful report from start to finish.  It has given me many ideas to investigate along with the pleasure of viewing your fantastic photos and text.  The road less travelled is the one worth searching for.  Thank you for your contributions to ST.

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't realize that watching the migration would be a sad and painful experience. I don't think I want to see it after all. I know things in nature can be painful to watch, but your description makes me think that I wouldn't want to seek out this particular sighting.