Gujarat, India 2015, Rare and beautiful

elefromoz

@@elefromoz

Not only do the wildlife survive in those harsh terrains, but humans too. Folks from Kutch are very hard working ,very intelligent and sharp. Guess one has to be to survive those conditions.

Yes @@Earthian, we saw so many examples of "hard-working" (that term is oft bandied around in our comfortable world) people, they have my ut-most respect. We saw this family out on the Rann, working the salt pans. What a tough life, I couldn't help wonder about this little girl and how her life compared to that of my own "toddlers" at the same age.

gallery_49445_1360_1648589.jpg

I tried not to post too many photos of the people of India going about their lives, didn't seem fair, and this is a safari forum after all. I wonder though, that in my omission I am only telling half the story?

@@elefromoz wow, that is intense seeing the family on the salt pans. Personally, I love seeing photos of the people in the countries where people have gone on safari. Yes, it's mostly about the wildlife for most of us but getting to see at least a bit of the real folks who live in these countries and how they live adds richness to a report rather thank just showing a safari "bubble" in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

The lions were nice, but that food looked fabulous. ;)

You were quite lucky with those excellent unobstructed lion images. I noted the #s over 500. What an increase from just a couple years back when they were around 400. Even at 400, it was just about maximum capacity. I'd like to see more areas for lions so their numbers and genetic diversity can expand.

The herds of wild asses always pose so attractively. Wonderful flying flocks and success with the owls.

As for people pics, you've shared some meaningful ones. With or without people photos, as visitors I don't know that we can ever get the whole story.

This report has wonderful diversity.

Edited by Atravelynn